Welcome to the latest in the Races on our Radar series, where we report on cool and/or low-cost races, group runs, price and registration deadlines, and other things we think you should know about it.
We would like to you hear from you, too. If you’re in the know on a race that you think others need to check out, be sure to let us know with our contact form. Tell us what you love about it and be sure to include a link.
Race series are going on now! You can still get in on the Run Northbest or the Bush Park XC series, and the Nike 3k Series starts tomorrow.
- The Run Northbest Series races start at 6:30 the next 3 Wednesdays … August 8, 15, and 22. It’s only $35 for the 5k series and $55 for the 10k series.
- The Bush Park XC Series in Salem is on Thursdays and there are still four races left. The next 3 races are $3/person and the last one is $4/person. Distances offered include 3k and 5k, plus shorter distances for youth.
- Bowerman Track Club Summer 3k XC Series is back, starting tomorrow (August 8) at 6p. Other dates are August 15, 22, and 29. This is a FREE series.
Other low-price races to check your schedule for:
- The Oregon Track Club’s 5k XC at Dorris Ranch Park is on Thursday, August 9. It’s only $5 for non-members or free for members.
- The Scandia Run is on Saturday, August 11 in Junction City at 8a. The 10k is now $25 and the 5k is $20.
- Head to Aurora for the Colony Days 5k for $20 on Saturday, August 11.
- There’s a Portland Parks & Rec $5 5k on Sunday, August 12 at Columbia Park.
- The Bear Creek 10k/5k on Saturday, August 18 in Vernonia is $25 (10k) or $5 (5k) when you sign up online ahead of time.
A great race to support is the Superhero 5k on the morning of Saturday, August 18 in Tigard. The race’s proceeds support Candlelighters, a non-profit that supports families with a kiddo fighting cancer. It’s a wonderful organization and their 5k is only $30 for adults, $20 for those under 18, and there’s a kid’s obstacle course which is $10. Sign up online here.
Registration prices for the Canby Dahlia Run go up on July 9. Until then the half is $50 and the 10k is $40. The race is on Saturday, August 25 in Canby and offers amazing views!
And if you’re looking for a Hood to Coast runner, or hoping to join a team, why not post on the Run Oregon facebook page? Be sure to include your team division, pace goals, and whether you’re a team with a competitive mindset or just hoping to have a great time. By the way, it’s possible to do both!