Welcome to the latest in the Races on our Radar series, where we report on cool and/or low-cost races, group runs, price and registration deadlines, and other things we think you should know about it.
We would like to you hear from you, too. If you’re in the know on a race that you think others need to check out, be sure to let us know with our contact form. Tell us what you love about it and be sure to include a link.
Here are some low-cost or super-cool (and for a good cause) races you can still jump into this weekend without blowing your budget:
- This Saturday, July 14, is the Buccaneer Rampage in Newport. It’s an obstacle course run, but this one is organized by Newport Parks & Rec and raises funds for youth sports scholarships. It’s $40 per person, which isn’t a bad price considering it’s going to a great cause. Plus, now you have an excuse to go to the coast this weekend.
- Over in Athena, Ore., you can run the Caledonian Games 5k for $15 or the mile for $5 this Saturday. Kilts are optional.
- The Gamerosity 5k in Medford on Saturday is only $20, and it raises funds to bring electronic games to kids undergoing treatment for cancer.
- There’s another Portland Parks & Rec $5k on Sunday the 15th at Gabriel Park, and there are still spots left to register. For FIVE DOLLARS. And runners/walkers age 17 and under participate for free!
Coming up the following weekend, here are some races to keep an eye on:
- The Gold Rush 5k in Cottage Grove looks fun – and it’s only $20 if you sign up by 7/14. It’s an evening race, plus you get a drink voucher for the Brew Station.
- The Seaside Beach Run is coming up – this a great race that Run Oregon loves! The race is on July 21 and offers a 5k and a 10k.
- Another race we love is the Ladybug Run for CDH Awareness. It’s on July 21 at Cook Park in Tigard and ALL registration monies go to the Ladybug Fund.
The Scandia Run on August 11th is only $20 through August 5. This is a fast race in Junction City that is excellent to set as a goal 10k race – and it’s got a great price.
The ORRC Garlic Festival, scheduled for Saturday, August 11, has a price increase coming up on July 14. Until then, the 5k is $37 and the 10k is $42. (ORRC members get $10 off – if you aren’t getting the discount email the club!)
The Hero Up Half Marathon/5k price will go up on July 19. The race is scheduled for Saturday, September 1 in Tigard.
The Rogue Run Marathon, Half Marathon, and 10k has a price increase for it’s September 16 race on July 25. Sign up by then for the marathon for $85, the half for $60, or the 10k is $50.
Pints to Pasta (October 21 in Hood River) will go up from $55 for the 10k and $70 for the half by $10 on July 25.
Registration for the 2018 Silver Falls Half Marathon will open on August 1st at 8a. This race usually sells out, so don’t wait if you know you want to run it! There’s a 7-miler, a half marathon, a marathon, and a 50k. All races except the half are on Saturday, November 3; the half is on the 4th.