Welcome to the latest in the Races on our Radar series, where we report on cool and/or low-cost races, group runs, price and registration deadlines, and other things we think you should know about it.
We would like to you hear from you, too. If you’re in the know on a race that you think others need to check out, be sure to let us know with our contact form. Tell us what you love about it and be sure to include a link.
The 4th of July is tomorrow – and there are many, many races for you to choose from on the calendar. Check out the Pacific NW Running Calendar to find one close to you!
The next race in Eugene’s Taco Tuesday Twilight Trot Series is on July 10. Registration is $25 when done online ahead of time or $30 DOR. Runs start at Eclectic Edge’s office at 750 Commercial St and start at 6p; registration includes a taco bar and two drink tickets.
The Sunriver Half Marathon/10k & 5k For a Cause will go up in price on 7/16. Sign up by then for $75/$55/$45. The races are September 1 (10/5k) and 2 (half) in Sunriver.
Sign up for the Summer Half Classic by July 13 for just $50/$20, respectively. The race, put on by Pink Buffalo Racing, is in Coburg on the following day (July 14), but you’ll save $10 by registering online.
Some races coming up this weekend at a great price or for a great cause:
- The Mt. Ashland 5k is on Saturday, July 7, and has a unique twist: aid stations will have both Challenge Cards and Time Cards. Draw one to get a physical or mental challenge, or to add or subtract from your finish time … it’s all a gamble. You can sign up online here through Thursday for $30 or DOR from 9a-10a.
- The Ocean’s Edge 5k on Saturday, July 7 in Lincoln City, is only $15 if you sign up before day of race (and only $20 if you sign up there). It’s run completely on the beach at low tide, and starts at 9a.
- Another race this Saturday that will make your wallet happy is the White Cedar Days 5k/10k in Powers, Ore. The registration fees are suggested donations of $10 for the 5k and $15 for the 10k.
- One of our favorites – the SW5k (Outdoor Sunday Evenings 5k) starting/finishing at SW Bible Church in Beaverton – is on Sunday, July 8 and is still only $10 to register, which includes dinner! Hope to see you there!
- Another Portland Parks & Recreation $5 5k is coming up on Sunday, July 15 at Gabriel Park.
- The Viking Vengeance is a really well-organized community run that benefits Forest Grove Schools. Sign up for the 10k or 5k for $30. The race is on Thursday, July 19 at 6:30p.