Last year, I ran the 10K race at the Les Schwab Tires Red, White and Blues event – it was my very first 10K race ever and I’m sure you can imagine I was both excited and nervous for it! Beautiful, peaceful, and fast is what this race is billed as and it certainly is. It was a great first 10K and this year I’m heading back for the half marathon!
This is the 5th year of this race and they have also added a new 15K run/walk route! All of the races have a 2.5 mile downhill start through tree lined country roads and neighborhoods and then very nice views of the Tualatin River. The Half Marathon has a little bit more of an incline, but nothing too bad and runners of the Half get to run right next to the Willamette River.
Parking is at Willamette Christian Church right near the start but be sure to get there early because it was very crowded last year and we ended up having to park on the street and having to walk quite a ways – we were almost late to the start! If you need to check gear, they will deliver it to the finish line area for you. As the finish line for the races is in downtown West Linn, there is a shuttle bus provided to all racers to get back to the parking area. The finish line provides a festive (early) 4th of July party with blues music, beer, wine, vendors, hot dogs and the 3rd Annual Hot Dog Eating Contest. There is also a Kids Run from the finish area.
Costumes are encouraged and prizes will be given to the best patriotic costume! All racers will recieve a finisher medal and shirt. Awards will be given out at the awards tent for top 3 overall and top 3 in each age group!
When: Saturday, June 30, 2018
Where: start line at the intersection of Salamo Rd and Rosemont Rd in West Linn, Oregon
|April 10 – June 24||10K $60||15K $70||Half $80|
|June 25 – June 29||10K $65||15K $80||Half $90|
|June 30 (RACE DAY)||10K $75||15K $90||Half $100|
- 5:30 am – Parking opens at Willamette Christian Church
- 6:00 am – Gear check and Packet Pickup at intersection of Salamo and Rosemont Rd (Gear will be delivered to the finish line)
- 7:30 am – Red, White & Blues 10K, 15K and Half Marathon start
- 8:00 am – Finish Party begins (outside of Lil’ Cooperstown)
- 9:00 am – Shuttles begin returning participants to Willamette Christian Church parking lot
- 9:30 am – Kids’ run! (Starts in front of Lil’ Cooperstown)
- 10:30 am – 3rd Annual Hot Dog Eating Contest
- 12:30 pm – Last shuttle back to Willamette Christian Church parking lot