Welcome to the latest in the Races on our Radar series, where we report on cool and/or low-cost races, group runs, price and registration deadlines, and other things we think you should know about it.
We would like to you hear from you, too. If you’re in the know on a race that you think others need to check out, be sure to let us know with our contact form. Tell us what you love about it and be sure to include a link.
Let’s all save some money with some low-cost races coming up this weekend … or next weekend! Seriously, there are so many low-price race options coming up in the near future.
- Salem’s Capes and Crowns 5k this weekend is only $20 if you sign up by midnight tonight. Funds from this event go to Doernbecher Children’s Hospital. The race is Saturday at noon, offering an opportunity to run a double.
- Team Up for Students 5k is running on Saturday in Cornelius, and it’s only $15. Funds go to Butternut Creek Elementary in Hillsboro, but the race is at Echo Shaw Elementary. The race starts at 9a, and online registration closes at 7p on Friday.
- The Hurricane Creek Half is this Saturday in Joseph (near Enterprise, Ore.) and it’s only a suggested $10. This is a low-key marathon, but sure to be beautiful and you can’t beat the price.
- Another half marathon option is the Eastern Oregon Half Marathon in Spray, which is $35 on Saturday.
- The Sexton Mountain Elementary Run with the Eagle 5k is on Saturday, June 2, and it’s only $5! This race is in South Beaverton on a hilly course, and my friends from Sunstone Running Club help volunteer each year.
- Also on June 2 is the Lebanon Strawberry Festival 5k, which is $20 if you sign up by the end of the month. There’s also a $5 1-mile fun run/walk.
- The Santium Hospital Fun Run is on Salem on the 2nd, and you can pick the 10k run, 5k run or walk, or 3k run for just $10.
- In Bend, there’s the “Summit Interact 5k Color Run to Benefit Ten Friends.” Long name, but low price: only $15 and proceeds support education and health programs in Nepal.
- You can Run to the Ruts on June 2, if you so wish, for just $15. This race is in Baker City and there’s a 5k and 10k.
- The Moon Tree Run in Cave Junction has a 5k for $20 or a 10k for $25 and is running on Saturday, June 2.
- In K-Falls on the 2nd, you can join the Remembrance Run for $20, although kids age 10 or younger can run or walk for just $20.
- On June 3, if you’re around Salem, the Capitol FC Half Marathon is only $45. There’s also a 10k and 5k for this one.
And the U of O’s Run with a Researcher – a free group run – is this Saturday as well in Eugene. The run starts at 8a from the UO Erb Memorial Union.
Registration is open for Go Beyond Racing’s summer edition of the Portland Trail Series – 5 races for $75. Races are July 11, July 18, July 25, August 1, and August 8.
Wine runs are fun, and the Dionysus Dash is at one of our favorite wineries: Winter’s Hill Estate outside Dayton. Sign up for this 5k XC-style run that’s take place on July 21 for just $29.99 online here.
June 3rd is the inaugural Beaverton Half Marathon, hosted by Run With Paula. Run Oregon is running an aid station on the course, so be sure to say hi to us at Aid Station #6, which is right after you come off the Fanno Creek Trail between Allen and Denney. You can still sign up for $79 for the half or $39 for the 5k.
The Ladybug Run for CDH Awareness, scheduled for July 21, has a price increase on June 1. This race donates ALL registration to the Ladybug CDH Foundation. CDH impacts families right here in the Northwest, and this race raises funds to support them, contribute to medical research, and increase awareness. Until June 1, the 5k is $40 and the 10k is $45.