The annual Granite Man held in the Rogue River National Forest at Applegate Lake is a full weekend of off road sports – triathlon (with a new SUP option instead of swimming if you prefer), duathlon, bike race, 10 mile running race, 28 mile ultra marathon race, a poker running race and kid’s options for the triathlon, duathlon and a scavenger hunt! So many events for all your outdoor activity needs for the whole family! Let’s take a look at some of the details:
- 9:00am – Aqua-Bike – .75 swim, 18 mile mountain bike
- 9:05am – Off road individual or team duathlon – 13 mile mountain bike, 5 mile trail run
- 9:05am – Sprint individual or team duathlon – 12.4 road bike course, 3.1 mile trail run
- 9:00am – off road individual or team triathlon – .75 swim or SUP (stand up paddling), 13 mile mountain bike, 5 mile trail run
- 9:00am – sprint individual or team triathlon – .5 swim or SUP , 12.4 road bike, 3.1 trail run
- 12:00 – kids individual or team triathlon – 300 yard swim, 4 mile road bike, 1 mile trail run
- 12:00 – kids individual or team duathlon – 4 mile road bike, 1 mile trail run
4pm – Yeti Cyclocross – Barriers, tight corners, run ups and more! The race goes for 30 minutes plus 1 lap on the mile course. All bikes welcome.
- 9:00am – 10 mile trail run – You’ll encounter an abandoned miner’s cabin and an inactive Sasquatch trap. You’ll take in excellent panoramic views of Applegate Lake and the Siskiyou Crest at several locations along the trail. While traversing the western slope of Collings Mountain you’ll gain 1,000 feet in elevation. Woo!
- 9:00am – 28 mile trail run – This is a new addition to Granite Man for 2018. This run will follow the same course as the 10 mile course but adds on the trail around the lake. Runners will weave there way back, crossing the dam and back to the start!
- 9:15am – This 5 mile run is meant to be fun with a little card game along the way. Weave your way through the trails and then check to see if you won in the 5 card poker hand.
- 12:00 – Kids’ Scavenger Hunt – Just over a mile, this is a fun run/walk,with items to pick up along the way
AND IF THAT’S NOT ENOUGH…..there are weekend challenges you can participate in as well!
Dual Day Competition: Complete the off-road individual triathlon on Saturday and then the 10 mile trail run on Sunday.
Ultra Yeti Weekend Challenge Complete the Off-Road Triathlon or Duathlon the Yeti Cyclocross on Saturday, and the 10 mile trail run on Sunday
When: Saturday June 9 and Sunday June 10
Where: Applegate Lake, Jacksonville, OR
Cost: All pricing is listed here!