The organizers behind Happy Girls Run know a lot of what female runners are looking for in a race experience:
- Celebration – The packet pick-up is held at Riverhouse on the Deschutes so runners can have a relaxing night before the big day. And there will also be beer, cocktails, food, music, and more during the awards ceremony after the races.
- Bling – All 5K and 10K finishers get custom made socks while half marathoners receive a shirt and medal necklace (perfect for Monday morning bragging)
- Savings – Teams of 6 or more runners get a registration discount. Or a runner can sign up for future races in the series (Spokane and Sisters) to save.
- Charity – Proceeds from the event go to Girls on the Run (an amazing program that prepares the next generation of female runners and world changers)
- Family – This is a women’s event, but men are allowed to run (just not be counted in the results). And there are Happy Kid events to get those kiddos of all ages moving and grooving.
- And of course there is a huge focus on having Fun – “This is your chance to thrive. If it ain’t fun, then why do it?”
So call up some runners to plan for a Girls Weekend in Bend this May.
Happy Girls Run (Bend)
When: Saturday, May 26th
- 9am – half marathon starts
- 9:15am – 10K starts
- 9:30am – 5K starts
- Noon – Happy Kids events begin
Where: Riverbend Park (799 SW Columbia St, Bend, OR 97702)
Packet Pick-Up: Friday May 25th 3-7pm at or race morning at 7am
- $5 for Happy Kids events
- $40 for 5K
- $50 for 10K
- $85 for half marathon
- All fees increase $5 at end of April. Discounts available for teams of 6 or more. 5K and 10K finishers receive Happy Girls socks. Half marathon finishers receive Happy Girls shirt and necklace medal.