Welcome to the latest in the Races on our Radar series, where we report on cool and/or low-cost races, group runs, price and registration deadlines, and other things we think you should know about it.
We would like to you hear from you, too. If you’re in the know on a race that you think others need to check out, be sure to let us know with our contact form. Tell us what you love about it and be sure to include a link.
A “run down” of the low-price races this weekend:
- The Earth Day 5k in Milton Freewater on Saturday is only $10. Register online up until 11:59p on Friday.
- The Steps-to-Success 5K/10k Fun Run/Walk in Hermiston on Saturday is also only $10.
- The Goat Mountain Gallup raises funds for Mollala High School track & field and XC (my friend is a coach there, and those kids work hard!) and it’s only $35 for a half marathon-ish trail race. The race is this Saturday.
- In Tillamook, you can run a 10k for just $30 this Saturday at the TJHS Splash & Dash. There’s also a 5k (same price). Online registration closes at 8p on Thursday.
- Down in Klamath Falls, the MHS Color Run 5k is only $20. This race is on Saturday and is a fund raiser for the Mazama HS Senior Class.
- Another low-price race in K-Falls is on Sunday night, hosted by the Linkville Lopers. Their Moore Park 6k (Part of a series) is only $5 and starts at 5:30p on the 22nd. There’s one every week for the next five weeks.
- In Eugene, Sunday’s Run for Autism 8k/5k is only $15 (either distance) and benefits the Bridgeway House. This 2p race offers online registration until 11:59p on Saturday. DOR registration is $20, still a great price.
There’s a fast 5k on our radar coming up on May 12 in McMinnville. The Cats 5k for Kids in McMinnville is only $25 ($20 for Linfield students). Proceeds will benefit FARE (Food Allergy Research & Education) and the McMinnville School District.
If you’re still thinking about signing up for the Eugene Marathon, the prices are set through the 20th at $120 for the full, $100 for the half, and $30 for the 5k. You can still register at the Expo for $140/$120/$40. Race weekend is April 27-29.
Our friends at Go Beyond Racing have a new race … it’s not an ultra but it’s still a cool challenge. 6 miles, 1,900 feet of gain. The Gnar Gnar on August 26th will be at Mt. Hood Ski-Bowl. Sign up by April 24 for $50.
The Willamette Valley Marathon and Half will have a price bump on April 22. Currently the full is $100 and the half is $90; prices will jump to $110/$100 after that. The race is on Sunday, May 6 in Salem.
Some Hood to Coast Race Series races have price increases coming up on April 29:
- Hippie Chick Quarter Marathon, 15k, and Half Marathon (May 12): Prices for the distances are $75/$80/$85 until that date and then they go up $10.
- Helvetia 10k, 15k, and Half Marathon (June 9): Prices are $55/$60/$65 and they go up to $70/$80/$85.
Pull together a crew to head to the Gorge for the Backyard Half Marathon on June 16 in White Salmon, Wash. Technically, it’s a free race, with a suggested donation of $25 that goes to the local high school track & XC teams. It’s got some impressive climbs but amazing views, and there’s also a 4-miler.
That’s all we got for this week – keep running, friends!