April not only brings the wonders of Spring to beautiful Oregon, it brings Fast and Flat to Tracktown USA! Named the “perfect race” by Runners World! Don’t miss out on the 12th year of the Eugene Marathon. This race (which also comes with a half and 5k options) passes through beautiful parks and treeline paths that crisscross the picturesque Willamette River. The routes are home to iconic athletes and coaches Steve Prefontaine, Bill Bowerman and Ashton Eaton and ends on one of the world’s most revered track and field venues, Hayward Field.
I’m so excited to be running the marathon on April 29th at Tracktown USA.
- Sunday Marathon (ages 16-100) $120.00 *Register by March 30th to make sure you get your customized race bib!
- Sunday Half marathon (ages 12-100) $100.00
- Saturday 5k (ages 5 and up) $30.00
- Saturday Kids Duck Dash (ages 2-12) $20.00
Friday April 27th:
- 1:00p-6:00p – Health and Fitness Expo at Lane Events Center located at 796 W 13th Ave. Eugene OR 97402
Saturday April 28th:
- 9:00a-6:00p Health and Fitness Expo continues at Lane Events Center
- 7:00a-7:45a 5k and kids duck dash packet pick-up (15th/Agate)
- 8:00a-Start of the kids duck dash (15th and Onyx)
- 8:30a-Start Run TrackTown 5k (15th and Agate)
- 8:00a-10:00a Krusteaz Pancake Breakfast
Sunday April 29th:
- 5:30a-6:40a-Shuttle rides to the starting line (there will be 4 shuttle locations) More information on shuttle locations here.
- 7:00a -Marathon start (Hayward Field-17th and Agate)
- 7:00a-Half Marathon start (Hayward Field-17th and Agate)
- 8:00a-2:00p-Krusteaz Pancake Breakfast
- 8:00a-2:00p-Finish Festival
- 9:30a-3:00p-post race shuttles (15th and University)
- 9:30a-Half Marathon Award Ceremony taking place at the Finish Festival
- 10:45a-Marathon Awards Ceremony taking place at the Finish Festival
Are you coming to watch a friend or family member run? Check out the Spectators link here to help you navigate a plan to be in the right spot when they run by!
A word from Kristi about how much she LOVES Eugene Marathon!
“I first experienced the Eugene Marathon in April 2013. I ran the full and set a new personal record by 6 minutes. I went back to Tracktown USA in July 2014, running the half and returned again in May 2015 to once again run the full. I have never had a bad race when I ran Eugene. The course is my absolute favorite. Not only is it “fast and flat”, but it is scenic as well. What could be better than ending on the track of historic Hayward Field? Every year that I have ran the Eugene Marathon, the weather had been perfect and the swag awesome.
You will receive an awesome Nike Dri-fit Shirt and many other goodies inside a reusable shopping bag. The medals are always awesome too. Another thing about Eugene are the spectators. They really add to the energy and excitement of the race. I have ran 6 full marathons and numerous half marathons and the only race that has better is Boston. The signs that people hold up with funny sayings, such as “Chuck Norris never ran a marathon” and “Toenails are overrated” helped keep my spirits up as well as everyone cheering me on and calling out my name really added to it all. That extra bit of energy and encouragement definitely helped me to “dig in deep” and finish strong during that horribly painful last 10k of the race.
They say running is 90% mental and I am firm believer of that. Eugene was my Boston qualifier as well. In 2015, I ran a 3:35:12 and went on to run Boston in 2016, an experience I will never, ever forget. If you are even considering running Eugene, don’t hesitate. Whether you’re aspiring for a BQ or just hoping to finish your first full or half marathon, you will have an amazing race experience.”