2018 brings much excitement to me as a runner. New goals, new races, making new running friends! One of my favorite runs of the year is always a Shamrock race! I love to dress up with my friends! Newport is also one of my favorite places to run. St. Patrick’s day and Newport have been coming together since 2014 for whats called The Newport Shamrock Run takes you under the Yaquina Bay Bridge. I have run under this bridge a great number of times and it never gets old.
On race day you can expect:
- 8:30a – Day of registration and packet pick up for those already registered).
- 10:00a – Kids race start (ages 3-10) This race is about .8 of a mile and is an out-n-back route.
- 10:15a – 5k and 10k start
- 11:00a – Awards ceremony
Newport Shamrock starts and ends at the Rogue Brewery 2320 SW Marine Science Dr Newport OR 97365
You can get registered now online here.
- Kids run (3-10) – $8; Race day $10.00
- 5k under 18 – $20; Race day $25.00
- 5k adults – $30.00; Race day $35.00
- 10k – $35.00; Race day $40.00
NEW to 2018 is a “Largest Team Competition.” Simply invite friends and family to join your team as they register. If you have the biggest team you will win a $100 gift certificate to a local restaurant while helping make a difference by supporting a local beneficiary with your entry.
Awards will be given to the overall winner for both men and women. Also in masters (40 and over). There will be age group division winners as well. There will be a costume contest for the “best 3” shamrock outfits. Judging will take place at the starting line before the race starts. Judges will be looking at originality, authenticity and craftsmanship.