Welcome to the latest in our “Races on our Radar” series, where we report on cool and/or low-cost races, group runs, price and registration deadlines, and other things we think you should know about it.
We would like to you hear from you, too. If you’re in the know on a race that you think others need to check out, be sure to let us know with our contact form. Tell us what you love about it and be sure to include a link. Race directors, you can also send us reminders and promo codes that way!
Want to race this weekend? Here are some low-cost options:
- The Super Bowl 5k in Eugene is $20 if you sign up online. This race is Sunday at 2:30p.
- The Roaring Run still has online registration through February 1 for the half ($45), 10k ($35), and 5k ($30). This race, in Scio, is on Saturday with the first event starting at 8:30a.
If Wine Runs are your thing, sign up before Friday for the Dionysus Dash 5k at Winter’s Hill Winery. It’s a XC-style 5k run, walk, or run/walk, with a wine tasting at the finish. And it’s only $19.99 if you sign up before Feb 1. The race is on July 21.
The “Miles in Chiles” Portland Indoor Track Series Meet #3 is on January 31 (800m, mile, 3k), February 7 (800m, mile, 3k), and February 14 (3k).
The next race in Eugene’s Taco Tuesday Twilight Trot Series is on February 6. Registration is $25 when done online ahead of time or $30 DOR. Runs start at Eclectic Edge’s office at 750 Commercial St and start at 6p; registration includes a taco bar and two drink tickets.
The shirt deadline for the Three Capes Relay running on February 24, 2017 is February 14th, so sign up before then to get the shirt included with your registration. After that, shirts aren’t guaranteed but may be available for purchase.
The team registration deadline for the 2018 Shamrock Run is tomorrow (January 31). The race is Sunday, March 18.
The last day to “rent” a volunteer for just $125 for the 2018 Cascade Lakes Relay is February 1. If you’re planning to use this option and haven’t yet … get on it!
The ORRC Champoeg Park Runs are scheduled for March 3 (a Saturday) and offer a 10k, half marathon, and 30k, priced at $35, $35, and $55 for ORRC members. (Non-members pay $10 more.) The prices go up March 1, so you have plenty of time to decide – I’m listing this one because it’s great timing to run a “test” of your marathon pacing and food strategy if you’re running a spring marathon.
Plan ahead for these low-cost half marathons on our radar:
- Wheatfield Half Marathon on March 24 in The Dalles – typically around $15
- The Birds of Prey Half Marathon on April 14 in North Bonneville, Wash. – $30
- Goat Mountain Gallop Half Marathon on April 21 in Molalla – $35 (without shirt)
- The Backyard Half Marathon on June 16 in White Salmon, Wash. – Suggested donation of $25
- Save $10 on the Napa Valley Marathon with RUNOREGON10 (Race is March 4 in Napa, Calif.)
- Save 10% on Shamrock before 3/1 with code RUNOREGONSHAMROCK18
- There’s a Groupon for the Spartan Race Portland Sprint on August 11, buy it for $59 (regularly $99). The race is in Washougal, Wash.
- GetMyPerks has deals for the Hippie Chick and Helvetia Half. Through that site, the half marathons are $52.50, and other races are also great prices.