The Oregon Brewery Running Series started the 2018 running season with a fun kick-off event at the North American headquarters of On Running Shoes in Portland’s Pearl District on Saturday, January 14. During this fun, free event, attendees were able to taste some brews from participating breweries, try on some On running shoes, buy BRS merchandise, talk with representatives of the series’ charity partners, and sign up for races at a discount.
All events in the series follow the same format: You meet at a brewery (or cider house), you run or walk the 3.1 mile course (no official timing or awards), you get a drink and a pint glass or other seasonal merchandise from the brewery. Most of the 17 races are in the Portland Metro area (including suburbs and Vancouver); the farthest one is at Fort George in Astoria. Registration cost is $30, and 10% of the registration goes to the charity partners Oregon Brewshed Alliance, Dollar For Portland, and Life Vest Inside.
Registration is open for all events! Check out the schedule below, and click on the brewery’s name to find out more. RunOregon will be previewing each race as time gets closer. You can also follow Oregon Brewery Run Series on Facebook.
- Portland Cider Co. – February 10
- Stickmen Brewing – February 17
- Hopworks (Vancouver) – Feb 24
- StormBreaker Brewing – March 3
- Earth Day Brewfest – April 21
- Lompoc Brewing – April 28
- Heathen Brewing – May 5
- Ecliptic Brewing – May 12
- Migration Brewing – July 21
- Grixsen Brewing – July 28
- Ordnance Brewing – August 4
- Laurelwood NE – August 11
- Fort George – August 18
- 54°-40′ Brewing – October 13
- Baerlic Brewing – October 20
- McMenamins Kennedy School – October 27
- Base Camp Brewing – Nov 3