This Radar Post is starting out with a few announcements of price bumps. Because 2018 is coming up soon and we want to help you save money! Nothing is worse than deciding to run a race the day after a hefty price bump. Remember, if you know a really cool small race, an important registration deadline, or other fun running news, please send it our way so we can share it with our readers!
Here are some we are watching right now:
- The Cascade Half Marathon and 10k will see a price increase on December 24. Register online now for the half for $45 (then, it jumps to $60) or the 10k for $35 (then, it goes up to $50).
- One half marathon we continue to be impressed with is the the Roaring Run in Scio on February 3. There’s also a 10k and 5k, and all three have great prices through Dec 30. Through the 30th, prices are $40 for the half, $30 for the 10k, and $25 for the 5k.
- The Cottage Grove Half Marathon is only $55 if you sign up before January 1. The race itself is on April 7.
- The Volkslaufe Run 25k Championship on January 27 in Central Point has a price increase after 12/31. This 15.5-mile race is currently $40 ($35 for SOR members). There’s also a 5k for only $20 ($15 for SOR members). The prices jump to $70/$25, so definitely sign up early.
Other interesting news and upcoming races we like:
- Remember the free Ugly Holiday Sweater Run in Tualatin on December 23 – donations are accepted for the Ladybug CDH Foundation for this untimed 5k.
- Remember there’s a free 5k on New Year’s Eve in Vancouver! Get more info here.
- A great race coming on January 20 in Medford is the Run With Grace 5k. Annette has a preview coming up soon for this scholarship fund raiser in memory of Grace Holt. It’s only $15 for adults and $7 for children.
- Fans of the Zena Road Race, one of Oregon’s longest-running races and always a great price, is moving from Superbowl Sunday to Sunday, February 18. The hills will remain. The 2018 running will be the 50th Anniversary.
- The ORRC Y2K Half Marathon/10k is on January 6. You can sign up thru Jan 4 for $65/$45; remember ORRC members save $10. This is the first race in both ORRC’s half marathon series and 10k series, so if either of those were on your radar, get ready!
- The Trail Factor 50k & Half Marathon over Memorial Day weekend in Forest Park has a new name: The Stumptown Trail Runs. Registration opens on Friday, January 5 at $55 for the half and $90 for the 50k. These are great prices for a rare opportunity to race in Forest Park and they are only good through until the 18th, when prices go up to $75/$105.
That’s all for this installment. Remember, let us know what’s on YOUR radar – race organizers included!