Here’s what Run Oregon has been keeping an eye on this week. Remember, if you know a really cool small race, an important registration deadline, or other fun running news, please send it our way so we can share it with our readers!
- This Saturday, December 9th, is the low-cost Vernonia Ugly Sweater Run/Walk. It’s a 5k and online registration for $20 is open until 8p the night before the race.
- Next Saturday, December 16th, offers another $20 5k, the Santa Dash 5k Run/Walk in Carlton. There’s a form you can mail in or bring to the event to sign up, find it online here.
Spring Half Marathons with price increases coming in the next few weeks:
- The ORRC Y2K, which offers a half marathon and a 10k, has a price increase on January 4. Currently, the half is $65 and the 10k is $45. (ORRC members save an extra $10.) The race is on Saturday, January 6, but you can save money by signing up even just a few days before the race instead of waiting for day-of.
- Speaking of ORRC, here’s something fun … their Hagg Mud 25k will run the course in the opposite direction in 2018. The 25k is on February 18 (Sunday) and is $75. There’s also a 50k on the 17th for $95.
- Another half marathon with an upcoming price increase is the Cottage Grove Half Marathon and 10k. On December 31, the half goes from $55 to $75, and the 10k jumps from $35 to $45, so sign up early for this Saturday, April 7 race.
- Also on the 31st, there’s a price bump for the ORRC Vernonia Half and Full Marathon. The half is currently $65 and the full is $75. The race is Sunday, April 15.
- Finally for the 31st, there’s a price increase for the Corvallis Half Marathon and 5k. Currently the half is $55, the 5k is $25, and the double is $70. The races are on Saturday and Sunday, April 14-15, 2018.
Marathons with price increases coming up soon … never to early to start planning:
- Looking at marathons for 2018, keep in mind the Bend Marathon and Half will go up in price on January 2. There is also a 10k and 5k. The pricing for each race from longest to shortest runs $95, $74, $45, and $30. The race is on Sunday, April 22.
- And the Eugene Marathon price will increase on January 4. Current prices are $100 for the full, $80 for the half, and $20 for the 5k. After that, the half and full will bump $10 and the 5k by $5.
- The Pac Crest Marathon and Half will have price increase on January 1. On that date, the full goes from $100 to $110 and the half goes from $70 to $80. The races are June 22-24, 2018 with exact dates TBA. There are also 5k, 10k, 28k, and 50k runs as well as multi-sport events.
That’s all for this installment.