It is almost the end of the year, and we want to know what you think of Races on our Radar. Does it help you find races or choose what to run? Do you share the information with friends? Has it saved you money? Please let us know as a comment on this post or on our facebook page.
Here’s what Run Oregon has been keeping an eye on this week. Remember, if you know a really cool small race, an important registration deadline, or other fun running news, please send it our way so we can share it with our readers!
- Portland Running Company’s Winter Race Series is back for the 2017-2018 season! This a low-key, family-friendly 5k series made of three races, each run on the same course to allow you to gauge your fitness over the winter months. Races are all on Saturdays: Dec 15, Jan 13, and Feb 10, and you can sign up for all three for just $75 or an individual race for $30.
- Planning a run on New Year’s Day but still looking for the perfect one? How about a trip to Maupin for the Deschutes River Half Marathon or 2.018k run? If you sign up before Friday, the half is only $50 and the 2.018k run is $10. Friday prices bump to $60/$20.
- Registration for the Peterson Ridge Rumble opens on Sunday, December 10. The race is on Sunday, April 10 outside of Sisters and raises funds for the Sisters HS XC team.
- The Roaring River Run in Scio on Saturday, February 3, 2018 will have a price increase on Wednesday … tomorrow … sign up tonight for the half marathon for $35, the 10k for $25, or the 5k for $20. (Thursday the prices will go up to $40/$30/$25, still great prices.)
- An early heads up on the price increase for the popular Cascade Half Marathon and 10k on Sunday, January 14, 2018. Register online by 12/24 for the half for $45 or the 10k for $35, starting on 12/25 the prices are $60/$50.
- Coming this Sunday: A price increase for the Hop Hop Half, 10k & 5k. Register before 12/3 for the half for $69, the 10k for $46, or the 5k for $36. The race is on Saturday, March 31 in Portland.
Here are some really low-cost races coming up this week/next weekend:
- The Reindeer Romp 5k/Kids Run in Wilsonville on the 2nd is only $10 if you sign up online or $15 DOR.
- There are still just a few spots in the Shellburg Falls 5.2-miler for $25 online.
- On the 9th, the Rudolph Run in Umatilla offers a 5k that accepts cash donations or non-perishable food for registration.
- The Operation Jack Half Marathon on December 9th is only $30 and the full is $60 – good prices for these distances, and the proceeds support autism research.
- The Ugly Sweater Run in Vernonia on December 9th is just $20.
And it’s a little further off, but there’s a free New Year’s Run on January 1 in Corvallis – the HOTV Resolution Run 5k/2k is open to everyone in the community. Even though it’s free, they ask anyone planning to attend to register so they can plan. This is a lovely event to bring someone to that is new to walking or running!
That’s all for this installment.