Here’s what Run Oregon has been keeping an eye on this week … warning … there are a LOT of holiday races we’re watching with great prices! But we’ve also included a few non-holiday races that just look awesome. Remember, if you know a really cool small race, an important registration deadline, or other fun running news, please send it our way so we can share it with our readers!
- Don’t forget – This Thursday is Thanksgiving (as if you could), and that means a lot of Turkey Trots around town. One alert reader reminded us of a free Turkey Trot in West Linn, a low-key event that just asks participants to bring non-perishable food items to register. Get the details in Abby’s preview here.
- Another free event organized by some local runners is the YamCo Turkey Burn, a 6.8-mile loop run from Billick Park in Dundee on the Sunday after Thanksgiving. The run will start at 7:30a, and people can run as many loops as they want; some people will run 4 loops for the marathon distance. Thanks Rick Roth for posting the details! RSVP here on facebook.
- $5 is basically free, especially for a 10k – the Turkey Trot 10k on Saturday, November 25 in Madras is just that: Only $5. Get the details and sign up online here.
- I might be getting ahead of myself here, but Wy’East Wolfpack has posted the details for the 2017 Santa Hat Run, scheduled for Saturday, December 16 from Wallace Park in NW Portland at 10a. It’s about a 6-mile loop, and while it’s a free run, participants are asked to donate to Snowcap. RSVP to help them plan.
- Since Christmas runs have come up, here are a few others coming up soon that are for a great price:
- The Jingle Dash 5k in Cottage Grove on December 2 is only $20 without the shirt.
- The Reindeer Romp 5k and Kid’s Run in Wilsonville on December 2 is only $10 pre-registered or $15 DOR. This is an untimed run.
- You gotta love the name of the “Run for Your Nuts 5k” in Mt. Angel on December 2. And it’s price is pretty lovable to … only $26.
- The Klamath Falls Ugly Sweater Run has a price increase coming up on the 26th. Until then this 5k on December 2 is only $25.
- Kevin’s Cup in West Linn on Sunday, December 3 is only $20 when you sign up by the 24th.
- A great low-cost family-friendly race coming up on Saturday, December 9 is the Vernonia Ugly Sweater 5k. Sign up online for only $20 here.
- The next UO Run with a Researcher is coming up; this free group run is on December 2 in Eugene – get all the details here.
- Like trail runs? Join the organizers of the Silver Falls Half Marathon on Saturday, December 2 for the Shellburg Falls trail Run, a 5.2-miler for only $25 when you sign up online.
- Or maybe you prefer to dress up a little more? The Winter Formal 5k on December 2 in Corvallis offers a beer/cider mile for $20, a family 1k/mile for $15, and a 5k for $30. Formalwear optional.
That’s all for this installment. Happy Thanksgiving, Run Oregon readers!