Here’s what Run Oregon has been keeping an eye on this week. Remember, if you know a really cool small race, an important registration deadline, or other fun running news, please send it our way so we can share it with our readers!
- You probably already know about the ORRC 10k Series (seven 10k races for $150), but did you know they’ve also got a half marathon series? The five-race ORRC Half Marathon Series includes the Y2K Half Marathon in January, the Champoeg Park Half in March, the Vernonia Half in April, the Garlic Festival Half in August, and the Blue Lake Half in October for $200.
- Speaking of half marathons, there’s one this weekend that’s only $45! The Battle to the Pacific at Fort Stevens State Park also includes a 5k for $25 and a 10k for $35. The race is Sunday, November 12.
- Another good race this weekend is Kevin’s Cup Trail Run, an unconventional 8k at Mary S. Young Park in West Linn. The race is on Saturday, November 11 and is $35.
- You can find me at the Oregon Brewery Running Series run on Saturday, starting and finishing at Stickmen Brewery in Tualatin. They brew some amazing beers, and the 5k route is nice and flat.
- We want to know about your favorite Turkey Trots! Let us know which one(s) is/are your favorite so we can spread the word. Send us an email here! Next week’s Radar post will be a summary of all your Turkey Trot options.
- Looking for a good marathon this month to test your speed? The EWEB Run to Stay Warm is an excellent nonprofit race. It’s primarily flat and draws a large pool of runners, so you can find someone to pace off of. It also raises funds for the utility’s lower-income customers who need help paying their heating bills in the winter. The race is on Sunday, November 19 in Eugene. The half is $55 and the 10k is $40 when you sign up online by 11/16.
That’s all for this installment.