Getting warm is what happens when we run and staying warm is a basic human necessity that not everyone has the luxury of having due to financial limitations. That is why the Run to Stay Warm race on November 19th is so important. One hundred percent of the proceeds benefit EWEB’s Customer Care Program to help income-eligible customers who are having difficulty paying their utility bills.
Besides being a great cause, this race is gorgeous too! The half marathon and 10K run along the Willamette River and the 5K passes Autzen Stadium and Alton Baker Park. Little ones have a racing option too with a 400 meter dash with the Eugene Emerald’s mascot, Sluggo!
Long sleeve race shirts can be purchased for an additional $15. Be sure to stay after the race for the post-race party at Tap and Growler. This is also where the awards ceremony will be. There will be awards for the top three finishers overall for male and female as well as age division winners. Half marathoners will receive a medal at the end of the race and kid’s will get a prize at the end of their dash.
Come out, run to get warm and help keep people warm throughout the cold Oregon months!
Run to Stay Warm Details:
When: November 19, 2017
- 7:00am- Packet pick-up at EWEB’s North Building, 500 E. Fourth Ave.
- 8:20am- Kids’ Race stretching and warm up with Sluggo from the Eugene Emeralds
- 8:30am- Kids’ 400-meter dash start
- 9:00am- Half Marathon start
- 9:15am- 10K and 5K start
Where: EWEB’s North Building, 500 E. Fourth Ave. Eugene, OR
- Half Marathon- $55 until November 17- $65 after
- 10K- $40 until November 17- $45 after
- 5K- $30 until November 17- $35 after
Register: CLICK HERE