Here’s what Run Oregon has been keeping an eye on this week. Remember, if you know a really cool small race, an important registration deadline, or other fun running news, please send it our way so we can share it with our readers!
- Happy Halloween! Great Pumpkin Haul 5k Run and WalkIf you didn’t get your fill of Halloween runs yet, there’s one more this Saturday, November 4 in Madras. It’s only $5 for the starting at 9a at the Madras Aquatic Center.
- And … Thanksgiving. We’ve been previewing Turkey Trots as fast as our feathers can ruffle, but if you’re looking for a low-cost scenic alternative on Thanksgiving, head to Hood River for the Mosier Twin Tunnels Turkey Trot. It’s only $15 when you register before November 17th and $20 DOR. Kids under 18 can run for just $5. There’s a 12k, 5k, and 3k.
- Registration will go up on November 10th for the Holiday Half. Until then, the half is $82 and the 5k is $44. Sign up online here.
- How about a relay? The Civil War Relay on Sunday, December 3rd is a one-day relay starting in Albany and finishing in Eugene. Five runners each run five legs at an average of 2 miles/leg. The registration price is currently $340 and goes up on November 12 to $380.
- A new half marathon! X-Dog Events of Ho Ho 5k Fame is hosting the Deschutes River Half Marathon on Monday, January 1 in Maupin. Until 12/1, the half is $50 and the 2.018 Mile Run is $10. After that, the prices go up to $60 and $20.18.
- The ORRC Y2K Half Marathon is the following weekend, on Saturday, January 6. The half is $65 and the 10k is $45 for this Forest Grove race.
- Uberthons also hosts a January half: the Oregon Winter Half Marathon is at The Reserve Vineyards and Golf Club on Saturday, January 20. Currently, the half is $65, the quarter marathon is $50, and the 5k is $40.
- Looking further ahead, one of my favorite relays has set the date for their 2018 race. The Three Capes Marathon Relay will be on February 24. You can run solo ($65), as a 2-person team ($95) or a 5-person team ($175). Registration is already open!
That’s all for this installment.