Here’s what Run Oregon has been keeping an eye on this week. Remember, if you know a really cool small race, an important registration deadline, or other fun running news, please send it our way so we can share it with our readers!
- Free event: The October installation of the Tualatin Discovery Run will be tomorrow, October 25 from Road Runner Sports at 7062 SW Nyberg in Tualatin. This is a very fun, family-friendly group run/walk. Sadly, I can’t make it this month (swim lesson for my little running buddy) – and this is the last one for 2017. The run starts at 6:30 with raffle starting an hour later.
- Registration closing tomorrow: The Miller Woods Race to Give a Little 10k Trail Run registration will close tomorrow (Wednesday, October 25) at midnight. This is a fun race that is followed by a sweet raffle with Nike and Amazon gift cards, passes to local attractions, and cool swag. And at $35, not a bad price for a 10k trail race!
- Zombie race: The Zombie Zoup 2-miler looks like a ton of fun. Taking place in Sweet Home on Saturday, October 28 at 10a, participants get free entry to the Great Community Soup Event held at the Jim Riggs Community Center (the start/finish) afterwards. Sign up online through Thursday for only $20 or DOR for $25.
- Low cost race: The Mac Monster Mania Fun Run on Sunday, October 29 is only $20 for adults and $10 for kids. This is a 2-miler with costumes highly encouraged and has had, in the past, a good turnout of young runners – probably because there are also games and other family activities taking place. Learn more at the event’s facebook page here.
- Run with a Researcher is coming up November 4: Check out this cool free group run/walk that the U of O is hosting this year.
- Bonus Run with a Researcher this Saturday, October 28th! This was posted on the RWAR website, but the meeting time/locations are the same as usual. This Saturday’s bonus run is perfect because it’s also homecoming and the UO Innovation Summit.
- XC is in the air: The 4th Stumptown Cross race is coming up on Saturday, November 4 at Fernhill Park. This is the USATF Pacific NW Regional Championships, so expect an even larger field than usual, and some exciting racing. XC is fun to watch, even if you’ve never raced it! Online registration goes through November 3 and is only $15.
- Holiday Half shirt/medal/bib deadline: Register for the Holiday Half or 5k by November 9th to guarantee your shirt size, your finisher medal, and to order a customized bib with your name on it. The half is $82 and the 5k is $44.
That’s all for this installment.