Here’s what Run Oregon has been keeping an eye on this week. Remember, if you know a really cool small race, an important registration deadline, or other fun running news, please send it our way so we can share it with our readers!
- Free event/Date Change: The Tualatin Discovery Run, normally on Thursdays, is moving it’s October event to Wednesday, October 25. RSVP here and spread the word
- Registration still open: The Great Columbia Grossing 10k still has spots for their Sunday, October 15 race. You can still get in until they reach the 3,500 participant cap for just $40.
- Feeling good after your marathon? ORRC’s Autumn Leaves 50k and 50-miler is on Saturday, October 28 and a great way to use your training when you’ve still got some “race” in you. There are only 13 spots left in the 50-miler and 7 in the 50k, so don’t wait to register. Non-ORRC members pay $105 for the longer distance and $85 for the shorter; ORRC members save $10 off those rates.
- Cool Halloween Run this weekend: St. Helens Monster Dash – this run is on Saturday, October 14 at noon. This is a non-profit race being organized to raise money for local veterans and includes a 5k and 10k. Online registration is closed but you can register day of race for this great cause. It’s a bit on the higher-priced side, but for a great cause. DOR reg is $50 for the 5k and $55 for the 10k.
- Cool Not-Halloween Run next weekend: The Day of the Dead is not Day for the Dead Race the same as Halloween, and here’s a chance to run a cool race and learn more about this cultural event. The is on Saturday, October 21 in Talent at 10a, and the 5k is only $20 while the 10k is a mere $25. There’s also a timed mile for $10 and an untimed one for $5.
- Who needs Halloween when there’s OSU Football? They may have a new head coach, but the Gridiron 1k/5k Fun Run to benefit KidSpirit is a football-themed obstacle course run on the OSU campus. Saturday, October 21 at 9:30a. The kids 1k is $15 and the 5k is $30.
That’s all for this installment.