Here’s what Run Oregon has been keeping an eye on this week. Remember, if you know a really cool small race, an important registration deadline, or other fun running news, please send it our way so we can share it with our readers!
- Free event: Pints to Pasta might be cancelled, but the Hood to Coast Series (the organizers) are offering a free event this Saturday in West Linn. The HTC Race Series Fun Run, Walk and Tailgate is at Active Edge Wellness Center at 2020 8th Ave, Suite D in West Linn on Saturday, August 23 at 9a. The tailgate will then start at 10a.
- Free event: The Tualatin Discovery Run is a week from Thursday, on the 28th of September. This is a free group run that is also great for walkers, from Road Runner Sports in Tualatin. It starts at 6:30p and you can walk or run anywhere from 1.5 to 8 miles depending on your pace.
- Non-profit race benefiting a school: The Mountainside High School Community 5k is this Saturday, September 23 at the newest high school in Beaverton, located at SW Roy Rogers and SW Scholls Ferry. Registration closes Friday at 8p; the 5k is $30 for adults, $20 for BSD employees and students, and there’s a kids run – the “Lil’ Mavericks” run that is $10. This is a chip-timed race and participants will receive a t-shirt. Everything start at 10a and funds will support the school’s activities and athletics departments. You’ll also be able to tour the new school. I hope to see you there!
- Non-profit race benefiting a school: The Miles for Matale 5k is also this Saturday at another Beaverton high school – this one at Southridge. This 5k is only $15 and funds raised go toward the IB program’s sister school in Matale, Uganda. This race also starts at 10a; making it hard to be in two places at one time. This race is not formally timed; and is organized by Southridge IB students.
- Low-cost race: The Great Pumpkin 5k Race in Bend on October 8th is only $20 when you pre-register (or $25 DOR). This race benefits Elk Meadow Elementary.
- Price increase coming soon: Speaking of pumpkins, the Runaway Pumpkin Run on Saturday, October 21(which Run Oregon bloggers love) has a price bump on October 7th. Until then, the half is $75 and the 8k is $45. On the 7th, prices jump to $85/$50. This is a fun race where costumes are encouraged, and proceeds support the ABC House which offers services to child abuse victims and their families. Register online here.
- Price increase coming soon: While we’re on the subject, another popular Halloween race has a price increase scheduled for October 3. Register for the Run Like Hell by that date for the half for $94, the 10k for $59, or wait and pay $99/$64. There’s also a 5k for $49. The race is on Sunday, October 22.
- Price increase coming soon: ORRC’s popular fall ultra, the Autumn Leaves 50/50, has a price bump on September 28. The race, which is on October 28 at Champoeg State Park, is currently $88 for the 50-miler and and $72 for the 50k.
That’s all for this installment.