Here’s what Run Oregon has been keeping an eye on this week. Remember, if you know a really cool small race, an important registration deadline, or other fun running news, please send it our way so we can share it with our readers!
- Reminder: The Road Runner Sports Discovery Run is THIS WEEK on Thursday, August 31. This is a free group run/walk that is more like a scavenger hunt. Go solo, with your running/walking friends, or your family! I walked last month with my family (kids are 2 and 5) and we had a great time.
- Remember that Boston Marathon movie? Well, Fleet Feet PDX and Fleet Feet Vancouver are hosting a screening at the Regal Cinemas Cascade 16 at 1101 SE 160th Ave in Vancouver on Tuesday, October 10 at 7:30p. Buy your tickets online ahead of time; the show is nearly half sold-out already. Get the details and tickets online here.
- The 2017 Holiday Half Marathon and 5k will see a price bump after Friday, September 1. Sign up online for the half for $70 or the 5k for $38 (group discount rates are $65/$33). On Saturday, the prices go up to $78 for the half and $40 for the 5k.
- One of our featured races is this Saturday – the It’s My Ability 5k for Autism. This race is run in Boring and the $40 registration includes a tech shirt. Proceeds from this event go to Camp Odakoda, a camp for youth with Autism or Aspergers Syndrome – more than $60,000 has been raised thus far!
- Another race raising funds for a good cause is the Willamette Family 5k Run For a Cause on Sunday, September 3 at Maurie Jacobs Park in Eugene. Funds raised will support the substance abuse and mental health programs at Willamette Family Inc. Register online for $35. There is also a free kid’s run. Online registration is open until midnight on 9/2.
- I want to remind everyone about the Beaverton Celebration Parade Run – I love this local race. This 5k is only $20 and funds support a nonprofit that helps homeless youth in Beaverton, and has a really flat, fast route. I’m planning to run it and hopefully get a new post-kids 5k PR!
That’s all for this installment.