Here’s what Run Oregon has been keeping an eye on this week. Remember, if you know a really cool small race, an important registration deadline, or other fun running news, please send it our way so we can share it with our readers!
- Reminder: The Road Runner Sports Discovery Run is NEXT WEEK on Thursday, August 31. This is a free group run/walk that is more like a scavenger hunt. Go solo, with your running/walking friends, or your family! I walked last month with my family (kids are 2 and 5) and we had a great time.
- The Hero-Up Half and 5k has been one of Run Oregon’s favorite races for years both because it’s a well-run event and it’s for a great cause. The race will be run on Saturday, September 2; the half is $70 and the 5k is $35 with all proceeds benefiting Children’s Cancer Research.
- On the same day is the Ultimook XC 5k: a race for those who enjoy getting a little dirt under their nails. This race is only $20 for adults and $15 for those under 18. Saturday, September 2 in Tillamook – register online here.
- Itchin’ for a Memorial Day race? The ORRC Greenway Trail Trial 10k is on Monday, September 4 with an open start line from which 4-5 runners/walkers will take off every few minutes. The race is $30 if you sign up online by September 2.
- How about a parade route race? The Beaverton Celebration Run 5k is only $20, and $5 of each entry goes to the Ecumenical Ministries Second Home of Beaverton, which helps the district’s school age homeless children. The race is on Saturday, September 9, 2017 in Beaverton.
- Another race that’s raising money for a great cause is the Raw Oregon Honey 5k – a race run on the Oregon City High School cross-country course. The $30 entry fee will go to the OCHS XC team. This race is on Saturday, September 16. (The top 10 male and female finishers will earn a prize of honey from the title sponsor.)
- The Holiday Half Marathon and 5k will have early bird pricing good through September 1, with special discounts for groups of 10 or more participants. Through August, the half is $65 and the 5k is $33 for groups of 10+ signing up together. Solo registration is $70/$38 until 9/1. Registration includes a long sleeve tech shirt.
That’s all for this installment.