Here’s what Run Oregon has been keeping an eye on this week. Remember, if you know a really cool small race, an important registration deadline, or other fun running news, please send it our way so we can share it with our readers!
- Free event: WHY Racing and Fleet Feet Sports Vancouver are hosting the Columbia River/Girlfriends Triathlon shopping night on Wednesday, July 26 at the Fleet Feet Sports Vancouver location (16020 SE Mill Plain). There’s a 5k group run/walk, and 20% discounts on apparel and sports bras. There’s also 10% discounts for all remaining 2017 WHY Racing Events. Please RSVP on facebook so they can plan for beer & snacks. That’s right, free beer.
- Save $10 on the 2018 Fueled by Fine Wine with the code RUNit when you sign up before August 1. The 2018 race is on July 8.
- Cheap race alert! The Bear Creek 5k/10k in Vernonia this Saturday (July 29) is only $20 for the 5k and $25 for the 10k. You can sign up online until 8p on Friday, July 28. Bonus: This event is a non-profit benefiting Vernonia Cares Food Bank.
- This wine run snuck in under our radar for a while – the Dionysus Dash Vineyard Run is this Sunday, July 30 at Winter’s Hill Vineyard near Dayton. The race starts at 8:15a and includes wine tasting for all participants 21+ afterwards. You’re running thru the vines, so it’s more of a cross-country route than a road route. Online registration is still open and if you use the code 10OFF you’ll pay just $34.99. I checked it out and the registration opened with the code already applied!
- Cheap race alert! The Scandia Run in Junction City on August 12 is only $10 and offers a 10k and 5k. Read Matt’s preview here.
- Reminder – Silver Falls is opening registration at 8a on August 1. This race will sell out within a few hours – the half marathon is the big draw, and it’s running on Sunday, Nov. 5. It’s capped at 1,100 participants and is $55. The other races are all run on Saturday, Nov. 4: The 7-miler is $40, the marathon is $65, and the 50k is $75.
- The Ladybug Run for CDH Awareness is this Saturday at Cook Park in Tigard. While not a cheap run, ALL registration funds go to the Ladybug CDH Foundation thanks to awesome sponsors that cover the race costs. While online registration is closed, you can sill sign up DOR starting at 7a. There is a chance this race will fill, so if you still want to sign up, get there early. The 5k is $45 and the 10k is $50. The race director volunteers her time and does an amazing job. This is the race to run if you want to feel good about running a non-profit event.
- Speaking of race directors that are amazing, Run With Paula’s Bridge of the Goddess Half Marathon & 10k is scheduled for Saturday, September 16 in Cascade Locks, Ore. You can sign up for $89 online here (race is capped at 1,500) or day of race (if not full) for $99. Registration includes a nice tech shirt, finisher necklace, tote/backpack with the race logo, and good pre- and post-race snacks including Rogue beer.
- The Holiday Half Marathon and 5k will have early bird pricing good through September 1, with special discounts for groups of 10 or more participants. Through August, the half is $65 and the 5k is $33 for groups of 10+ signing up together. Solo registration is $70/$38 until 9/1. Registration includes a long sleeve tech shirt.
- Looking for a cheap fall half marathon? The ORRC Blue Lake Half Marathon is only $40 if you sign up before August 14. (The 5k is $30 until that date.) This new half marathon (they previously offered a 15k) will run on Saturday, October 14 at Blue Lake Park in Fairview.
That’s all for this installment.