Here’s what Run Oregon has been keeping an eye on this week. Remember, if you know a really cool small race, an important registration deadline, or other fun running news, please send it our way so we can share it with our readers!
- Save $5 on your registration for the Manzanita Beach Run taking place on July 22 – simply use the code RUNOREGON and then pack for the beach. There’s a 5k and a 10k, $36 before the discount.
- The code RUNOREGON will also save you 10% off your race at WHY Racing’s Midsummer Triathlon and Multi-Sport Festival. There’s a “My First Tri” option, plus Du, Tri, and AquaBike (no running) events. This race is on July 30 at Blue Lake Park.
- The Oregon Brewery Series is still running strong! They have another run from the Lucky Lab on Hawthorne on July 29 – remember, save 20% with the code runOR20!
- The Holiday Half opens registration at 8a on July 15. (There’s also a great 5k.) This race is on Sunday, December 10 in North Portland. The half will start out at $70 and the 5k at $38; both registrations include a long-sleeve tech shirt. The first 100 to sign up get a tote bag with the race logo on it (pictured at right).
- Cheap race alert! The Two Cities Summit Run offers and 8k and a 12k – your choice for just $25 when you sign up online. This race is on July 30 and is a point to point from Springfield to Eugene. Read our preview here.
- Low-cost race alert! It’s a little more per-kilometer, but it’s also a non-profit event that raises funds for Family Dogs New Life Shelter. The Family Dogs 5k is on July 30 at Mt. Tabor and is $25 when you sign up online.
That’s all for this installment.