Looking for an adventure run that’s close to home and has a wonderful community feel? Look no further than the Howl at the Moon 5K Adventure Run put on by the Lake Oswego Parks and Recreation Department. Mark your calendar for Friday, July 28th to participate in the 3.1 mile obstacle race, featuring a mud pit, monkey bars, planks, slip n’ slides and much more for over 16 different obstacles.
This fun evening race is for the whole family! Ages 10 and older are welcome to run the course and ages 10 and under will be able to run their own course, sponsored by the Lake Oswego Fire Department. Post-race, enjoy a Barn Bash complete with food, country music and beer from local vendors. Come join me as I complete my first obstacle course and enjoy an evening race out in the country.
The challenging hills of Luscher Farm will be set with 17 obstacles that get participants running, ducking and climbing as they crash through a course that tests your limits. From couch potatoes to novice runners to athletes, the Howl at the Moon 5K Adventure Run is an event for all athletic abilities. Get muddy on the course, and then rinse off after the run under the spray/mist station.
When: Friday, July 28th from 5:00-10:00pm
Where: Luscher Farm: 125 Rosemont, West Linn, Or.
Swag: Registration includes a cool logo t-shirt (while they last) and includes the post-race Barn Bash.
Registration: Register as an individual ($25-45) or as a team of 4,5,6 ($140-$210). Prices increase on July 8th.
- Day of Race: Check in begins on site at 4:00pm, ID required. There is NO onsite parking, but parking close by and shuttles that take you to the course every 15 minutes.
- Course is open to participants 10 years and older. Participants under the age of 18 must have a parent/guardian sign a waiver at packet pickup in order to participate (parent must be onsite at this time to sign form).
- Course is open from 5-8pm with last runners entering course at 8pm.
- Participants may elect to bypass an obstacle.
- Clocks are located at start and finish, but this is a self-timed event.
- A water station and restrooms are located half way through the course.
- Secure bag check is available for runners to check items during the run (Feel free to leave your bags, keys, tshirts, etc.).
- First Aid station onsite.
Parking-Do you want to save all of your energy for the run? We have you covered! Park at one of the listed shuttle locations and catch a ride to the event site. Shuttle runs every 10-15 minutes from 3:30-9:30pm. Lakeridge High School – 1235 Overlook Drive Hazelia Field – 17800 Stafford Road C3 Church (Christian City Church) – 17979 SW Stafford Road.
Wonderful volunteers make Howl at the Moon a success! To view available Volunteer Positions, please use the link below: