Here’s what Run Oregon has been keeping an eye on this week. Remember, if you know a really cool small race, an important registration deadline, or other fun running news, please send it our way so we can share it with our readers!
First, some races running this weekend/next weekend that are worth checking out:
- Who likes low-cost runs? The Stayton Fun Run is only $10 for any distance: 3k walk or run, 5k trail run, or 10k trail run. This race on the 4th is in downtown Stayton (near Salem/Turner) and offers online registration until 6a on July 2.
- Another low-cost run is the Stanfield Fourth of July Fun Run 5k & Mile, also only $10. Stanfield is in Umatilla County, so if you’re going to be around that area, check it out! Both races start at 8a from Bard Park on the 4th.
- The Aquafina Butte to Butte in Eugene on the 4th is a Bucket List Race – great courses for a 10k and 5k run and a 4-mile walk – and if you sign up online by July 3 at 5p, it’s only $25.
- Run With Paula’s Independence Day 5k/10k is running on July 4th at Champoeg, and the registration price includes a really nice cotton shirt (one you can wear with jeans without that tech-B.O.-smell), Rogue Beer, and burgers after the race. We love Paula’s races because she always does an amazing job. You can still sign up online for $49; day-of-race registration is $59.
- ORRC Members should check out the ORRC 5 on the 4th, which is FREE for ORRC members that sign up online by July 1. Otherwise this 5k is $26, but all proceeds support ORRC, a non-profit running and walking club that puts on about 17 races each year. ORRC also makes donations to groups that volunteer at their events and other organizations like Liberty Fit each year. This race is at the Mentor Graphics Campus in Wilsonville on the 4th.
- Don’t forget the Freedom 5k in Molalla! This parade-route 5k includes tickets to the Molalla Buckaroo. Online registration is $30 and closes at midnight on July 3.
- Lyle’s Myles: This $15 5k on July 8 in Vancouver donates all proceeds to great nonprofits. 10% of proceeds goes to the Cascade AIDS project, 40% goes to Global Partners in Development, and the remaining 50% goes to Martha’s Pantry in Vancouver.
And a few price increases coming up that you should be aware of:
- The Oregon Trail 5k/8k are $35/$40 until July 31, but you can use the code runoregon17 to save 10% on your entry. This race supports the Downtown Oregon City Association.
- The ORRC Autumn Leaves will have a price increase on June 28. Currently the 50-miler price is $75 for non-members and $65 for members and the 50k prices are $60/$50. On the 28th of June the 50-miler will go up to $88 for non-members and $78 for members and the 50k will jump to $72 for non-members and $62 for ORRC members.
- The Columbia Gorge Marathon will have a price increase on July 1. Register for the half before then for $85 or the full for $100. The price increase is only $5, so if you’re still on the fence, it isn’t a huge jump.
That’s all for this installment. Happy running, friends.