Run Oregon loves running – that’s no surprise. But we also love the Pacific Northwest and all that it has to offer. Running is a part of us, but it does not fully define us. In our new “Make a Day of It” feature, we aim to showcase some great local non-running events and highlight where to run and how to make the most of your experience!
The next installment of this series is Oregon Garden Brewfest!
First the running:
Silverton has a few yearly races that bring runners to this quaint little town.
- Silverton Hospital Fun Run (May)
- Silver Falls Challenge (June)
- Homer’s Classic (August)
- Silver Falls Trail Challenge (October)
- Silver Falls Marathon weekend (November)
Now to the details to the experience itself:
As you can see above, the 13th annual brewfest will feature some of the best local, regional, and national beers. There will be 60 breweries pouring over 120 different beers, ciders, and meads within the garden. Just a quick glance showcases that some of Oregon’s newer breweries will be on site. Wolf Tree, Ancestry, Silver Falls, Freebridge, and Coin Toss are all relatively new to the Oregon beer scene and make some killer stuff. Tasting tickets are $1 each (1 ticket = taste, 4 tickets = full glass).
There will be local bands playing tunes throughout the afternoon and evening, and food is available for purchase. There is also a new “Brewfest Market” in their Rediscovery Forest that will have locally created artisan clothes, art, and goods for perusing and purchasing should you desire.
Some other cool features include overnight packages at the Oregon Garden Resort, which includes lodging, two tickets to brewfest for each day of stay, free breakfast, and a food voucher. Salem is also joining the Uber/Lyft movement on June 7th, just in time to find accommodations in the capital city and head out to festival. Lastly, there will also be camping spots on-site to come and spend an entire weekend!
- Friday, June 16: 3pm to 11pm (ages 21+ only)
- Saturday, June 17: noon to 11pm (minors welcome until 5pm, after 5pm ages 21+ only)
- Sunday, June 18: noon to 6pm (minors welcome all day) – Family Day with Kid’s Crafts
Cost: Purchase tickets here:
- $15 Single Day ($5 Designated Driver or under 21)
- $30 3-Day Pass
- $100 3-Day Pass VIP (Admission all 3 days, a tasting glass, 35 tasting tickets, expedited entry, one food voucher & VIP-only bathroom use)
- $120-$145 for 2-night (Friday and Saturday) Camping Spots