This Thursday (June 1) is First Thursday! That’s the Urban Adventure (Scavenger Hunt) Run hosted on the first Thursday of each month by Fleet Feet Sports PDX at their NW Portland location, 2258 NW Raleigh St. This is a free group run, starting promptly and 6 and giving you an hour to get to as many checkpoints as you can/want to. The more you go to, the more raffle tickets you get!
As for races, here’s what we think you should know about this week:
- Low-cost race alert – and for a great cause! The Run with the Eagle 5k at 9a on Saturday, June 3rd raises funds for the Sexton Mountain Elementary PTC. The run is only $20 if you sign up before 6p on Friday, June 2 (this Friday) or $25 day of race. There is also a free kid’s run. Sign up online here.
- There’s an Oregon Brewery Running event this Saturday, too, at The Commons Brewery at 630 SE Belmont. These runs are $30, less the RunOR20 discount of 20%, and start at the laid-back hour of 11a.
- Low-cost race alert – this one for a half marathon. The FC Capitol Half in Salem is running this Sunday, June 4. If you sign up on or before Thursday (June 1) the half is only $45; after it’s $60. (The 10k is $40 and the 5k is $35.) The funds raised support a non-profit youth soccer club. This race starts at 7:30a and makes use of some rural roads outside of East Salem.
- There’s a new trail race in Olympia, Wash. on the 3rd: the Millersylvania Trail 10k/30k/50k. It’s put on in part by the same guy behind Rainshadow Running, but proceeds benefit a homeless shelter. The 10k is only $30, so if you want to get away this weekend, why not head north?
- Low-cost trail race alert – along with a punny name! The Run for the Hills 30k, 8k, and 2-miler on Saturday, June 10 are only $35/$20/$15 respectively, and the funds support the Corvallis-area trail network through the Greenbelt Land Trust Trail Fund. (Note: The 2-miler is a paved-road race, the 30k and 8k are on trail.)
- Price increase alert – The Haulin’ Aspen prices will go up on June 12. Currently, the half-As (6.5 miles) is only $25, the half marathon is $40, and the marathon is $65. Those are some pretty good prices for this trail run scheduled for Saturday, August 12 in Bend.
That’s all for this installment. Readers and RDs, if you have a newsworthy announcement, please send it our way so we can share it with our readers!