As a dad of three daughters, I live a happy and joy-filled life. However, I’d be lying if I said that I enjoy a little “me time”, which typically comes in the form of running or racing. While the noise and happiness (and tears and fighting) fill our halls and also my heart, I am able to appreciate everything a little more when I have 1-2 solitary hours to hit the streets and just think.
Terrapin’s Grateful Dad is on Father’s Day Weekend and is the perfect present for the father in your life (or fathers, maybe you want to hint that this would be a great gift). It features everything a running dad could ever want:
- Distance diversity (half, 10k, and 5k)
- Views (if it’s sunny, the half and 10k course, primarily along the banks of the Columbia, should provide great views)
- Awesome tee-shirt and medal design
- Beer Garden and family breakfast
- Grateful Dead tribute band!
This year, Terrapin will be offering half and 10k finishes a free video of their finishers – a cool perk as well. Strollers, for those with small kiddos, are allowed as well.
Remember that June 2nd is the last day you can register and receive a t-shirt with your entry fee and June 9th is the last day you can transfer your race entry to someone else.
- $69 for Half
- $59 for 10k
- $39 for 5k