There are only 52 weeks in the year, and we’re already entering the 20th! That may be hard to believe, but it’s true. So here are a few great races you should know about as you’re planning your summer race calendar:
- The Banks Linear Trail Brave Run 5k/10k is this Saturday, May 20 at 9a, and it’s only $20. This is a super flat out-and-back race that benefits the Banks school district’s technology program.
- Blogger Abby Meek and I put on the ORRC Up the Lazy River 10k on Memorial Day (Monday, May 29) in West Linn. Save $5 with code RUNLAZY.
- June 3rd is my favorite race! I will be out of town running the Hood to Coast Washington, but if you’re around, the Stoller Vineyard Run 5k in Dayton is only $20 and goes to support the Dayton High track and girls basketball teams.
- Another amazing race is the White Salmon Backyard Half Marathon, running on Saturday, June 17. Suggested donation to register is $25 and goes to the Columbia High School XC team. This is a super-hilly trail race with the drive.
- There are a number of great evening races in June, including the Salem Summer Solstice 5k/10k on Friday, June 23. And it’s only $12!
- The one-day relay Barrel to Keg Relay is a well-organized relay that won’t break the bank and raises funds for a very good non-profit, the Community Services Consortium. The 2017 race is July 22-23 and starts in Philomath, running to Newport.
I also one thing to give you the heads up on: a few races that are still appearing on calendars but that we are 99% sure are not happening. The race directors haven’t updated their website, but it seems that the Energy Events team (Rum Run, Cosmo Run, Hot Buttered Run, etc) is taking some time off to re-think their schedule. They haven’t opened registration for any of these events and we hope they are back soon!
That’s all for this installment. Readers and RDs, if you have a newsworthy announcement, please send it our way so we can share it with our readers!