- The Run for Ahope 5k is a race organized by an 8th grade student to raise funds for an Ethiopian non-profit that raises funds for HIV-positive orphans. I love races put on by students; and I love supporting their contributions to our community! The race is on Sunday, May 21 at 11 am with day of race registration opening at 10 am. It’s based at the Arbor School of Arts and Sciences. The registration is only $20 for adults and $15 for students under age 18. Learn more online here!
- Go Beyond Racing just announced a 4-race Bend Trail Series, with dates on June 1, June 15, June 29, and July 13. Registration for the entire series is only $70. Get more info and sign up here.
- Speaking of Go Beyond: The last 5k in their Go Race series is this Wednesday, April 26th at Cook Park. If you want to drop in for this timed 5k, show up between 5:45 and 6:00pm and pay just $20. There will be an awards ceremony and raffle at the end to celebrate the completion of the race series.
- Registration for the highly-popular and super-fun Oregon Trail 5k is now open! The race is on Sunday, August 6 in Oregon City. Sign up early (before April 30) for $35, after that the price goes up to $40.
- Low-cost half marathon alert! The 53rd Annual Eastern Oregon Half Marathon (plus 5k and 10k) in Spray, Oregon is scheduled for Saturday, May 27th. Registration is only $30 (or $35 with the shirt), for any distance. Day of race registration, without the shirt, is $40.
That’s all for this installment. Readers and RDs, if you have a newsworthy announcement, please send it our way so we can share it with our readers!