This time of year there are so many races to choose from – how can you find the one that matches what you’re looking for? One way to find out a race’s personality is to simply ask fellow Run Oregon facebook fans – we’re friendly and our readers know a lot about local races!
Here’s what caught our eye this week:
- Registration is now open for Go Beyond Racing’s Portland Trail Series – Summer. This 5-race series runs in Forest Park on July 5, July 12, July 19, July 26, and August 2 (weekday evening races). You get all 5 races for only $75; we anticipate this series will sell out quickly.
- ORRC has brought back their Summer Solstice Sundowner 5k. This year, the race will have a new location: the entire 5k will be run inside the gates of the Oregon Zoo! ORRC members can sign up online before this Saturday, April 22, for $29 (non-members can register for $35).
- Speaking of ORRC, they’ve got a great race coming up on Saturday, May 6. The Hagg Lake Runs includes three distances, and the price for any of them is only $35 for non-members ($25 for ORRC members). There’s a 10.5-miler, a 10k, and a 5k, with run and walk categories for each.
- A great local race that benefits a local non-profit (Junior Achievement) is the Lake Run, including a 10k, 5k, and kids run. If you sign up by April 30, the 10k is $40 and the 5k is $30. Starting May 1 the prices are $45/$35, respectively. There’s also a kids run, which is $15, but does not have a price increase.
- Low-cost race! The Bridgeway Run for Austism in Eugene on April 23 is only $15. Online registration closes on Saturday; day-of-race registration is $20.
- Low-cost race! The Tickle Creek Night Run 4-miler (Sandy, Ore.) is on Saturday, May 6 and starts at 9p. Registration is only $25 and includes a beer at the finish (at Bunsen Brewer in Sandy). Run Oregon blogger Anthony Bucci is the race organizer.
That’s all for this installment. Readers and RDs, if you have a newsworthy announcement, please send it our way so we can share it with our readers!