The 2nd 2017 Portland Marathon Clinic run is this Saturday, April 15!
This week’s route offers routes of 5, 7, and 9 miles and starts from Road Runner Sports in Tualatin at 8a. RRS is located in the Nyberg Woods Shopping Center off I-5 at, surprise, Nyberg Street. The address for your GPS is 7063 SW Nyberg Street in Tualatin. This is quite a nice route as it goes through residential areas and there is one beautiful cherry tree that I think those of you running the 9-mile route will see.
At the Nyberg Woods Shopping Center, please park in the center of the parking lot to allow the perimeter spaces to remain open for the Center’s regular patrons. When you arrive, check in and find your pace group; there is a bathroom on-site but there is likely to be a line so it’s a good idea to get there early.
The pace group leaders will start out taking you east on Nyberg Road and you continue on Nyberg Lane – which keeps you going straight instead of looping up the hill past Legacy Meridian Park. You’ll run past houses and encounter a hill around the 1-mile mark, which is where the road changes to SW 50th Ave. You’ll climb up to SW Borland Road and then head back west, with Meridian Park coming up on your right. At SW 65th Ave, you’ll cross and run south for a short time to SW Sagert. There are restrooms at Atfalati Park, at the corner of 65th and Sagert. Just about a third of a mile further and you’ll reach the 2.5-mile mark, where 5-miler runners will turn back.
Those going 7 miles will continue to SW Martinazzi and make a left, then a right on Avery before turning around and retracing their steps. For 9 miles, you’ll continue on Avery to SW Boones Ferry Road and head south to Edward Byrom Elementary School, just a short distance from Tualatin High School.
If you have never been, here is what you need to know:
- Bring your own hydration and nutrition
- Dress appropriately for the weather
- Try to take care of bathroom business as best you can before coming to the run – helps keep the potty line moving smoothly
- Be respectful of the hosting businesses; adhere to parking rules and in general, be awesome.
- You do NOT have to be planning to run a fall marathon to come along on these runs
- The pace group leaders are all volunteers – so please be sure to thank them each week!
- Read this FAQ to get any other questions answered