Welcome to the 14th Edition of Run Oregon’s Races on our Radar. Got news? Tell us about it!
- Act fast to enter our giveaway of 3 pairs of FITS socks – the online sweepstakes ends on Friday, April 14 and winners will be announced on the Run Oregon facebook page.
- There’s a really cool, low-cost half marathon on Saturday, April 15. The Goat Mountain Gallop Half Marathon is only $45 including a shirt, but online registration closes at 11:59 on Wednesday, April 12. It’s only $35 without a shirt – you can’t find a half marathon at such a low price very often. It’s a challenging point-to-point course with proceeds benefiting the Molalla High School Track Team, who also put it on.
- Another cool race coming up that benefits a school is the Stoller Community 5k + Jaguar Jog. This race is scheduled for Sunday, April 23 in Portland’s Bethany neighborhood and is only $30 for the 5k.
- Yet another fun local race, this one featuring Pizza Roma snacks and beers from Lompoc Brewing. (Pizza Roma is owned by a runner!) The SE Dash and Bash 5k is on Sunday, April 30 and is only $25. Proceeds will go to the Windermere Foundation, which funds programs that work with low-income or homeless families and children.
- The Troutdale Trot, a 6.7-mile distance (good chance to PR at a new distance!) running on Saturday, May 13. This is the race’s 40th year; and this event has a beautiful course that runs along the Sandy River for a good portion of the distance. Check it out and get yourself registered for $40 here. (The race is absorbing the online processing fees – so it’s truly just $40.)
That’s all for this installment. Readers and RDs, if you have a newsworthy announcement, please send it our way so we can share it with our readers!