The first 2017 Portland Marathon Clinic run is this Saturday, April 8!
If you have never been, here is what you need to know:
- Bring your own hydration and nutrition
- Dress appropriately for the weather
- Try to take care of bathroom business as best you can before coming to the run – helps keep the potty line moving smoothly
- Be respectful of the hosting businesses; adhere to parking rules and in general, be awesome.
- You do NOT have to be planning to run a fall marathon to come along on these runs
- The pace group leaders are all volunteers – so please be sure to thank them each week!
- Read this FAQ to get any other questions answered
The April 8th run will offer routes of 4, 6, and 8 miles from Mountain Hardwear in downtown Portland, located at 722 SW Taylor St. Last year, this route started out by running straight to the waterfront, then turning left to head north along the Willamette River. At the Steel Bridge, the route crosses to the East Side and runs on the east side of the Moda Center before looping back down to N. Interstate Avenue. Those running 4 miles will turn back about halfway around the Moda Center, while those going 6 will continue on N. Interstate until the Fremont Bridge. If you’re running 8, you’ll have a few more turns before reaching your halfway point at N. Skidmore.