Each year, organizers with Gorgeous Series races put on events that do more than just bring the runners out, they bring the runners back the next year. Our very own Run Oregon editor did the half marathon in 2015 and had this to say, “Trust me, this is the latest addition to your ‘running bucket list.’ You won’t regret it. Prepare to be blown away!”
Now in its 3rd year, the Bend Marathon and Half race is not only back but has added a 10K distance that is sure to draw even more runners out for this great day of running. The full marathon and the half take advantage of all Bend has to offer in terms of views and the excitement of running right through downtown and then through the Old Mill before heading west for some elevation gains and losses. More about the courses can be found here. The half has been changed a bit over the years and this year will see some more highlights of the western side of Bend, all while still being able to have the downtown Bend experience.
This will be another pacer opportunity for me, as I get to pace a friend through his very first half marathon while our wives compete in the 10K and our kids do the 5K. And that’s what it’s all about, a complete family race with something for everyone. Check out the medals for the finishers…
Running in Bend certainly takes a little getting used, what with the 3,600 foot elevation deck that all runs start from, but the air is different here…just like this race.
There is still time to register for every distance but the half is nearly full. Hurry and register quickly so you can experience this Gorgeous race!
When: Sunday, April 23, 2017
- Marathon starts at 7:00 am
- Half Marathon starts at 8:30 am
- 10k starts at 9:00 am
- 5k starts at 9:15 am
- All races Start and Finish on Brooks Street, next to Mirror Pond Parking Lot, adjacent to iconic Drake Park in downtown Bend, Oregon!
Cost: Full = $110.00. Half = $95.00. 10K = $65.00. 5K = $35.00
Register: Online through the Bend Marathon website.
- All registered full and half marathon runners will receive a long sleeve tech shirt and 10k and 5k (13 and over) runners will receive a short sleeve shirt – both with super duper cool designs.
- All finishers receive a rad, unique medal (including kids running free!), a beer from Deschutes Brewing (Run Bend, Drink Bend!) (21 and over), a Humm Kombucha, and a Jamba Juice!