Welcome to the 12th Edition of the 2017 Races on our Radar Series where we give you a heads up on price increases, shirt deadlines, and other details to help you save money on cool races.
- The shirt deadline for AJ’s 5k – a Canby race that raises funds for the Canby High School Class of 2017 A.J. Memorial Fountain, and the PSU A.J. Fund – is March 23. The race is $35 and will be run on Sunday, April 2. Click here to register.
- Another shirt deadline: sign up for Bridge to Brews by 3/24 to be sure you get the shirt size you want. The current price for this April 9 race is $59 … “selling out soon.”
- The Vortex Half Marathon Half Marathon/10k Trail Run is coming up on Saturday, March 25 at Milo McIver State Park outside Estacada. Register online and save $ – currently, the half is $45 and the 10k is $25. Day of race, the half is $60 and the 10k is $40.
- The Newport Marathon will have a price increase on April 1 – coming up pretty soon! The current price is $100 and the price on 4/1 jumps to $110. The race is on June 3, 2017.
- The Hop Hop Half Marathon and 5k closes online registration on April 8, but if you’re already signed up and want to transfer your bib to another runner, you need to let them know by April 1. The race is on Saturday, April 15.
- The Pacific City Trail Run has a price increase on March 25, from $35 to $40. This 6 mile trail race is on Sunday, April 9.
- Another race with a price increase coming up is the Hippie Chick Quarter Marathon, Half Marathon, and 15k. The prices will go up on March 29 from $70 to $80 for the half, $65 to $75 for the 15k, and $60 to $70 for the quarter marathon. The race itself is on Saturday, May 13.
- The Grapes of Half Marathon price will bump on April 1 from $50 to $60. This race will be run on Sunday, May 21 at Noble Estate Winery near Eugene.
That’s all for this installment. Readers and RDs, if you have a newsworthy announcement, please send it our way so we can share it with our readers!