Welcome to the latest installment of “Races on our Radar” for 2017! In this series, we post highlights of what’s running in Oregon and SW Washington, especially price bumps and cool races you might otherwise miss. Readers and RDs, if you have a newsworthy announcement, please send it our way so we can share it with our readers!
- The shirt & personalized bib deadline for the Grapes of Half Marathon is TOMORROW, March 15. Sign up today for $50 for this half marathon, scheduled for Sunday, May 21 at Noble Estate Winery outside Eugene.
- Save 15% off your registration at the I Run for Desmond 5k for Autism Awareness when you sign up by March 17 using code march2017 at registration. The 5k is only $25 and it’s a non-profit event, scheduled for Saturday, April 8 at Cook Park in Tigard.
- I wrote about this 5k last week, but it’s being run for an amazing cause. All proceeds of the Sage Bounds Medical Fund Run will go to support Sage Bounds’ medical costs, a tiny baby born with a rare genetic disease. The race is this Saturday, March 18 at 9a at Alton Baker Park in Eugene. Registration is $25.
- The current price is $59 for the Bridge to Brews 8k/10k (and kids half mile); it will go up $10 after Tuesday, March 21 (a week from today.) The race, scheduled for Sunday, April 9 in downtown Portland, is the only one to run over the Fremont Bridge. The kids’ run is only $8 until April 7 and then goes to $12.
- Another price increase – this time for the Happy Girls Half Marathon, 10k, and 5k. The prices all go up $5 on March 26 for this Saturday, May 27 race in Bend. If you sign up by 3/26 the prices are $75/$40/$30.
- Low-price race alert! The Willamette Mission Trail 5k and 10k are only $20/$25 respectively when you register online. (Day of race prices are $35/$40). This race is put on by Run Wild Adventures and will run on Saturday, April 29 at Willamette Mission State Park outside Salem.
- The Smith Rock Road Half Marathon & 10k isn’t sold out yet! Since nearly all of Go Beyond Racing’s events sell out ahead of time, don’t delay if you want to sign up for this one. The race is scheduled for Sunday, May 14; the 10k is $60 and the half is $80.
- A while ago we reviewed the amazing GoMacro bars. They’re currently offering 30% off your first order and free shipping with the code MACRO30. Click here to shop & order. (There’s both the letter “o” and the number “0” in that code.)
That’s all for this installment. Readers and RDs, if you have a newsworthy announcement, please send it our way so we can share it with our readers!