- If you like races that are for really good causes, run the Sage Bounds Medical Fund Run on Saturday, March 18 in Eugene. Sage is a beautiful baby girl who was born with a rare genetic disorder called Ataxia-Telangiectasia. Registration is $25 ahead of time and $30 day of race, with additional donations accepted.
- Love St. Patty’s Day? Love 15ks? But maybe you don’t love the crowd? There’s another St. Patrick’s-themed 15k … the Run to Get Lucky in Corvallis 15k (and 5k) is only $40 and you can register online thru March 15. The race is Saturday, March 18.
- The low-priced Wheatfield Half Marathon, 8k and 3k will go from $25 to $30 on March 16. This race is on March 25 in The Dalles.
- Registration is open for another of our favorite low-price races: the Linear Trail Brave Run 10k/5k in Banks. The 2017 race is on Saturday, May 20 and registration is only $20.
- The personalized bib deadline for the Hop Hop Half & 5k is on Friday, March 10; the tech shirt deadline for the race is on Wednesday, March 15. (After that the shirts are cotton.) The race is on Saturday, April 15. And the logo is adorable.
The Freedom 5k, a 4th of July race in Molalla, Ore., has a new logo! The new logo, shown here, contains a nod to the Molalla Buckeroo, to which each 5k participant receives a ticket. This super-flat 5k is run on a parade route so it’s a fun, supportive event for runners and walkers.
- There’s a price bump for the Eugene Marathon coming up – the marathon is $110 and the half is $90 until midnight on Monday, March 20. Prices for the 5k and Kids Duck Dash also go up at that time by $5. This legendary race is the weekend of May 5-7, 2017.
- While we’re talking about price bumps for spring marathons, the Pacific Northwest Marathon, scheduled for May 13, 2017, is currently $85 for the full and $55 for the half; prices go up April 1.
That’s all for this installment. Readers and RDs, if you have a newsworthy announcement, please send it our way so we can share it with our readers!