Valentine’s-themed races and mud-themed races are the majority of the races over the next few weeks, but keep an eye on any races you’re thinking of running later in the year for price deadlines to save some $! Here’s what caught our attention this week.
- MUD. The ORRC Hagg Lake 25k/50k are not imposing a cap this year, which means you can still sign up for some tough love on Saturday, February 18 (the 50k) or Sunday, February 19 (the 25k). The 50k is $85 and the 25k is $65.
- Deals will be had at the Foot Traffic Event Expo this Saturday, Feb. 11 at their Cornell Road store from 10a-4p. Many race companies will be there, including the Hood to Coast Race Series, who are offering 30% off registration to their events for people who sign up at the Event Expo! The address for Foot Traffic is 13306 NW Cornell Rd.
- The Three Capes Relay recently sent some important information out to their registered participants; if you haven’t signed up, pay attention! The shirt deadline is February 15th, so don’t wait too long. And be sure to check out the relay legs. In order to make parking easier and the exchanges safer for runners, there have been a few changes. The Relay organizers have done an amazing job of updating the website with information, though, so be sure to check it out. Also, all finishers get a free beer AND a finisher medal – see above!
- Newport is having it’s own Shamrock Run on March 18 at Rogue Ales Brewery; the deadline to order a t-shirt is February 19. There’s a 10k, a 5k, and a Kids Run.
- The Oregon State Penitentiary 2017 Race Schedule has been released; the first race is March 17 and is a 5k/10k. Click here for the full schedule and information on how to sign up. Not sure what this race series is all about? Read up on the Oregon State Penitentiary races here.
- The Grin and Bear It 5k & 10k Run/Walk has a $5 price increase on February 18. This March 4th race in Bend is a fund raiser for Healthy Beginnings, a community health clinic for youth.
- Heads up – if you were registered for the 2017 Lucky Dog race, you should have gotten an email; the race has been cancelled. Race organizer Double Dog Dare U has offered refunds to all registered participants so watch your mailbox; in the email to registrants they indicated this would be sent via check.
- Registration is now open for the 2017 Bay to Brews Half Marathon and 10k on October 14th. This is a Run with Paula race, which means it will be amazing. Current registration prices are pretty hot considering everything you get with the race: $75 for the half and $49 for the 10k.
- We’re always on the lookout for new races that look like fun, and I recently looked into the Sunny Day Tree Farm Trail 5k and 10k. The 5k is $30 and the 10k is $35; their shirt deadline is March 5. Run Oregon is trying to get more info on this race to share with you and we will keep you posted.
That’s all for this installment. Reader and RDs, if you have a newsworthy announcement, please send it our way so we can share it with our readers!