Welcome to the 5th weekly “Races on our Radar” post where we give you the heads up on races that look cool, price bumps, and other running news you can use:
- Low-cost race alert! The 2017 Rivaly Run is only $15 for adults and only $10 for those under age 18. It’s scheduled for Saturday, February 25 in Corvallis.
- Kids race alert! The Must-Dash 1k and “Little Shavers Fun Run” is scheduled for Saturday, February 18 at Dorris Ranch Park in Springfield. This is a 1k run; there’s also a photo booth and a “mustache contest” which I really can’t explain to you because I am not sure how it’s going to go. This race is put on by Willamalane Rec District and is only $5 per kiddo if you register online; $10 day-of-race. Shirts are also available before Feb. 3 for $10.
- Loving the Oregon Brewery Running Series? (We are!) The next run is at Rogue Eastside on Saturday, February 18. Remember Run Oregon readers can save 20% on their registration with the code runOR20.
- Get your trail shoes ready! I have a lot of important notes for you about Go Beyond Racing races. First of all, registration for their Go Race race series is now open: four races for $75; all of them run at Cook Park in Tigard or Tualatin Community Park in Tualatin on Wednesday evenings. The dates are April 5, April 12, April 19, and April 26; each one starts at 6:30p.
- Another Go Beyond announcement: registration for the Volcanic 50 and the Mountain Lakes 100 opens on Monday, February 6. The Volcanic 50 runs around Mt. St. Helens and will be run on August 5. Registration starts at $120 and goes up $10 on March 6th. The Mountain Lakes 100 is on September 23-24 and is $260 until March 6, when it goes up to $275.
- Last Go Beyond announcement for this issue: They’ve got price increases coming up on Feb. 3 for the NUT 100k & 50k, and on Feb. 5 for the Mt. Hood 50-miler & 50k.
- Planning to run My Muddy Valentine – a 5k mud run with obstacles – on Saturday, February 11? Sign up ahead of time for $65; the day of race registration is $75 (if it’s not sold out).
- If you love cause racing, one of our favorites is the Special Olympics’ Polar Plunge 5k (Plunge optional!) scheduled for 2/11 in Eugene and Bend, 2/18 in Corvallis and Medford, and 2/25 in Portland. Click here to see all the races & sign up or make a donation.
That’s all for this installment. Readers and RDs, if you have a newsworthy announcement, please send it our way so we can share it with our readers!