Heads up folks, you’ve got a chance to get back in the swing of things with a fun group run and save 20% off on your gear tomorrow (Wednesday, January 25, 2017). Read on to get the details … there may even be door prizes!
Here’s what we’re watching this week at Run Oregon:
- Although I don’t know how this Saturday could top the weather we’ve already had this year, don’t forget about the Worst Day of the Year Run! This Saturday offers start times at 9a, 10a, and 11a out in Troutdale. Costumes highly encouraged but not required!
- This race just looks cool: The Mastondon 10-ish Miler near Bend on March 5. It’s singletrack with very little climbing and if you sign up by January 31 it’s only $40.
- Can you believe it’s already the 7th annual Heartbreaker Half (and 10k, 5k, and Kids Dash)? Well, it is – and the shirt deadline is coming up. Register before February 5 in order to guarantee your race shirt! The race is Sunday, February 12 in Hillsboro.
- Run With Paula has opened up registration for the Memorial Day Half Marathon and 10k, which will take place on the Saturday before the holiday (the 27th). Watch for more cool announcements about this race; and register online here with the earlybird pricing.
- The Hot Springs Trail Runs 5-miler is already sold out, but there’s still room in their 18-miler. Don’t delay; it’s capped at 150 participants and it will fill soon. Here’s why: “The 18 mile starts at 9 am at Carmen Reservoir off of Hwy 126, heads north on Waterfall Trail, over McKenzie River on a footbridge and continues for 16.5 miles on a gradual downhill course to Belknap Hot Springs Lodge and Gardens.” The race is on Saturday, April 15, 2017 at the Belknap Hot Springs Resort. Register here now for $89.
- Like saving money on race registrations and running gear while supporting a local business? Why Racing is teaming up with Fleet Feet Sports PDX for three PDX Race Expos. Each one will include a group run followed by beers at the store and special Why Racing registration deals. Gear will also be 20% off those evenings at Fleet Feet … shoes, anyone? Get more details on each event and RSVP here for the Expos on Wednesday, January 25 (tomorrow) at their Vancouver location; Wednesday, February 8 at their NW Portland store; and Wednesday, February 22 at the Lake Oswego store.
- Not many details yet (and as of January 23, registration still wasn’t open) but the Portland Rose Festival is offering a half marathon again! The start/finish will be at Southridge High School in Beaverton and it will be run on Monday, May 29 (Memorial Day). You can sign up to get more details (and a discount code for when registration opens on January 17 (that’s what it says)) here. Of course, then you wouldn’t be able to run the race I put on for ORRC, the Up the Lazy River 10k in West Linn … but you should know about all your options!
That’s all for this installment. Readers and RDs, if you have a newsworthy announcement, please send it our way so we can share it with our readers! (Send your news in ahead of time; I always verify details are still valid before I post the 411.)