Here are the races and running news we think you should know about for this week!
- Did you miss out on the earlybird pricing for the 2017 Shamrock Run? Well, if you’re reading this on Tuesday night, no you didn’t! They’ve extended their deadline through Wednesday, January 18 on their lowest registration prices for this year’s run.
- Low-cost race alert! The Multnomah University Community 5k is only $10. Click here for details. (Saturday, February 11 in Portland)
- Another low-cost race: The Jumpstart Series is returning to The Dalles. There are usually three races in this series which offers a 3k, 5k, and 10k on each date with funds going to school phys. ed. programs. Their Valentine’s run is set for Saturday, Feb. 11. We’ll post more details when we get them.
- The Cascade Lakes Relay group recently sent out an email with lots of info on their 2017 relays. Here’s a summary (note that prices for 1, 2, 3, or 4-person teams also increase accordingly, I’m just listing 6-person teams):
- The Worst Day of the Year Run on January 28th has provided our readers with a $7 discount code: runoregon … we’re also giving away 2 more pairs of entries! Learn more here.
- Prices for the Ochoco Trail Runs jump on January 31 by $10 for each race. Until that date, the 100k is $160, the 50k is $90, the Marathon is $75, and the 10.5-miler is $35.
That’s all for this installment. Reader and RDs, if you have a newsworthy announcement, please send it our way so we can share it with our readers!