Why the giant Hood to Coast Series Pints to Pasta logo, you ask? Well, because we’ve got big news about this Portland race: It’s not a Portland race any more. The Pints to Pasta 10k and Half Marathon has a new course: it’s moving to Hood River. The race is scheduled for Sunday, Sept. 24; registration isn’t open yet but the info on their website mentions Full Sail Brewery, which is pretty cool.
Back to my intro: It’s a new year and if one of your resolutions was to keep running (and maybe save money in the process), you’ll want to watch for our weekly “Races on our Radar” post. Every Tuesday at 7p, we’ll post links to some of our favorite low-cost, local races and info on bigger races including price increases and shirt deadlines, plus other money-saving running news. We’ll number them by week, so as this is the first week of the year, this is 2017 Races on our Radar #1.
Here’s what we’re watching this week at Run Oregon:
- Speaking of Gorge-area half marathons, Run With Paula’s Bridge of the Goddess Half Marathon and 10k registration is also open; the current price is $69.
- And speaking of half-marathons … the Flat (marathon, half, 8k, and 5k actually) has their early bird pricing good until January 15. Until then, the full is $79, the half is $66, the 8k is $42, and the 5k is $35. Click here to sign up for the 2017 Foot Traffic Flat on Sauvie Island on the 4th of July.
- Another price increase to note: Shamrock. Their prices go up January 14. Click here for details & to sign up.
- Like free runs? Road Runner Sports in Tualatin is hosting the “What is Your Dream 5k” on Monday, January 16. The run is at 9a from their store at 7063 Nyberg Way (just off I-5 in Tualatin) and they promise tasty treats and beer. RSVP on facebook here.
- Salem-area runners, there’s a free 5k coming you way on Sunday, January 22. The Guardian 5k Run will start at 8a from US Cellular Community Park. Sign up by emailing your information to email@example.com.
- A race that’s quickly earned a good reputation in the Eugene area is the Dash-n-Dine scheduled for January 22. Heads up: the deadline to order shirts is January 16.
- Looking for a low-cost, low-pressure way to stay motivated through the year in the Portland Metro area? Well, Clark County Running Club offers races throughout the year, most of which are free to members and held from Vancouver to Battle Ground. Membership is only $10/individual or $20/family for a full year!
- Finally – if you were supposed to run the Resolution Run last weekend in Battleground, Wash., they have created a way for participants to log a virtual run and set up two new packet pick-ups so you can get your swag. Get the full details here. (The race was cancelled due to inclement weather.)
That’s all for this installment. Readers and RDs, if you have a newsworthy announcement, please send it our way so we can share it with our readers!
“Races on our Radar” from last week had the publish date wrong, but to keep the weeks in order, I’m still calling this one Radar #2 for the year. Info from last week’s post that is still relevant is in this post.