Welcome to the last installment of “Races on our Radar” for 2017! In this series, we post highlights of what’s running in Oregon and SW Washington, especially price bumps and cool races you might otherwise miss.
- You may have already seen this, but the Shamrock Run has made some MAJOR changes to their race schedule and courses, especially for the half marathon. Click on those links to check it out for yourself, and keep an eye on Run Oregon for more info on these changes coming in early January. Prices for Shamrock don’t bump until January 14, 2017.
- Registration is now open for the Zena Road Runs in Salem on February 5, 2017. The event includes a 15k, 6-miler, and a 3-miler. Each distance is only $20 if you sign up by January 6.
- Another great low-cost event coming up in February is the Roaring Run 5k, 10k, and Half Marathon in Scio on Saturday, February 4. The half is only $35, the 10k is $30, and the 5k is $25 if you sign up by the end of the year. The race is a fundraiser for high school athletic programs.
- While we’re talking about saving money: I know it’s pretty far off, but if you want to run the 2017 Portland Marathon for slightly less than the regular price, sign up soon. Currently the Portland Marathon registration is at $130 and the Portland Half Marathon registration goes for $115.
- If you’re looking for a lower-priced marathon earlier in the year (but one that doesn’t run through the heart of Portland), the ORRC Vernonia Marathon and Half Marathon is on Sunday, April 9. Prices will go up on January 1, 2017, so sign up this week for the full for $75 or the half for $55. (Note that ORRC members save $10 on their registration.)
- Speaking of ORRC, they’ve added a half marathon to their early-March Champoeg Park Runs. It’s taking the place of the 20k distance, and will be run on Saturday, March 4. You can sign up for $65 online here.
That’s all for this installment. Readers and RDs, if you have a newsworthy announcement, please send it our way so we can share it with our readers!