- Prices for our Featured Race, the Cascade Half Marathon and 10k, go up on Christmas Day. Click here to sign up for the half for $45 and the 10k for $35 through 12/24; after that the prices jump to $60/$50! The Cascade Half is in Turner on Sunday, January 15.
- Another race whose earlybird pricing ends soon is the Cottage Grove Half Marathon. Scheduled for March 11, 2017, you can sign up before January 1 for just $65. This is a flat point-to-point course that raises funds for United Way of Lane County.
- Hillary Clinton fans – heads up, there’s a new race called the “Pantsuit Pursuit” scheduled for January 21 at the University of Oregon in Eugene. No word on if you have to wear a pantsuit. The course looks to be run primarily on campus and on perimeter roads; and it’s only $25 ($20 for students). The run tagline is “Running together for each other.”
- Best in the West Events has opened registration for their 2017 events, including the Run to Get Lucky 5k/15k on March 18 (Corvallis), the Corvallis Half Marathon & 5k on April 8-9, the Heart of the Valley Tri/Du on April 30 (Corvallis), the Oregon Dunes Tri and Du on May 13 (Dunes City), the Rolf Prima Tri at the Grove on July 22 (Cottage Grove), the 3-Day IRON RELAY the weekend of August 11-13 (Corvallis), the Best in the West Triathlon Festival the weekend of September 8-10 (Sweet Home). Their Mustache Dache is their only event without a 2017 date, but it’s not until December. Check out this local race organizing company that puts on solid events!
- Carry-over from last week: Portland Running Company’s annual Peacock Lane Run will be on December 22 (Thursday) at 6p from their store at 800 SE Grand Ave. The run is about 4 miles and is open to all paces. Post-run, there will be a raffle and refreshments.
- The Micro-Marathon 2.62 mile run in Lake Oswego, previously scheduled for New Year’s Day, has been canceled.
That’s all for this installment. Reader and RDs, if you have a newsworthy announcement, please send it our way so we can share it with our readers!