Presenting “Races on our Radar,” a new occasional Run Oregon post sharing updates and deadlines on Oregon/SW Washington events. If you’re a race director or a reader that just wants to be sure we post details on a race you love, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with you info so we can share news on registration openings, course changes, price bumps, shirt deadlines, and the like.
We’ll also include links to races we think look cool, but that are further out than our usual preview window, so you can put them on the calendar if they look fun to you.
So, here we go!
- Terrapin Events opened registration for a number of their spring 2017 events this week, including My Muddy Valentine ($55 – Sat., Feb. 11), the Dirty Leprechaun 5k Mud Run ($55 – Sat., Mar. 18), Bridge to Brews 8k/10k ($49 – Sun., Apr. 9), and the Cinco de Mayo 5k/10k/half (Half is $69, 10k is $49, and 5k is $34 – Sun., May 7).
- ORRC is adding half marathons to two of their events. The Garlic Festival run in August and the Blue Lake Runs in October will both offer a half in addition to their current distances.
- Uberthons has canceled their 2016 Naughty-or-Niceathon, but if you are looking for an alternative on Dec. 10, check out the Ugly Holiday Sweater Dash. The 5k is only $25 when you sign up online here.
- The Three Capes Marathon Relay (solo, 2 or 5 people) is set for Saturday, February 25 and registration is open online here. 5-person teams pay just $150/team and that includes a tech shirt for each team member. This is a fun, low-key relay you should add to your “must-do” list.
- The Portland Running Company Winter 5k Race Series is back! Sign up online here for all three 5k races for just $60 total; the race shirt is $15 (one shirt that is updated at each race). The race dates, all on Saturdays, are December 17, January 14, and February 18. Each race starts at 9a and includes post-race goodies and an exceptional raffle.
- Speaking of PRC, they have a sweet online-only deal right now: an additional 15% off closeout prices with the code BESTPRICE. Not sure how long this deal is good for, but it’s got great timing.
- Gallagher Fitness Resources in Salem is having their giant Anniversary Sale this weekend: November 18-20. Learn more at their facebook page.
- The Oregon Brewery Running Series has added the first trail run to their next line-up: Saturday, January 7 from Portland Brewing in NW Portland with a run in Forest Park. The Series is planning to offer a lot more events in 2017. Run Oregon has done a few of them and they’re laid-back, fun, and friendly.