Adult (18+) runners will receive expert instructions on “training theory, racing strategy, strength training, nutrition, and more from some of the top coaches in the Northwest.” Add in some professional runners, including post collegiate runners looking to make the Olympic teams will be bringing their knowledge to campers for the week.
The retreat will be held at the Hydrangea Ranch, amidst six acres of flowers and tucked quietly alongside the Kilchis River. This is a beautiful location which seems to be an ideal combination of running and relaxing.
The camp strives for the following:
- Runners will be tested with daily individual and team-oriented challenges, modeled after the Sasquatch Games with a greater emphasis on functional strength. Here are some possible challenges (from their website)
- 1 Mile Mud bog run
- Glow stick relays
- Medicine ball relay on the Oregon Dunes
- Tug of war
- Log carry relay in the Pacific Ocean,
- Wood chopping contest
- Planking contest
- GPS enabled geocache adventure run
- Hill challenges
- Ultimook Games race (graduation ceremony)
- Many more!
Cost: $895, $845 (groups of 2-4); $795 (groups of 5+); A significant portion of the money goes to those Olympic hopefuls who will be providing instruction throughout the week
Lodging: It is encouraged for participants to bring their own tents. There will be gender specific greenhouses to sleep in (with an air mattress and sleeping bag) if you are coming with a group and want to stay together. Shower units will be available.
Food: Includes three complete and nutritious meals by Twins Ranch Catering daily